Need some weigh-in on Rad/Stone...

Story Archer

First off, I'm loving this build and the concept fits like *chef's kiss*.

I'm L44 at the time of this posting and working on what I want my final build to look like. I'm pretty happy with it (see build at the bottom):

• 90% Res. to everything but Cold & Psi (50+%)
  • 45% Def. to Melee, 35% Def. to S/L, 26+% Def. to everything else
  • Two mini-nukes up every 30s or so that also heal either me or my teammates, plus a spammable PBAoE attack
  • Pretty insane Global Recharge from Hasten, Beta Decay, 3x LotG & 3x FF proc keeps everything humming right along
  • 85%+ resistance to Endurance Drain and 95% resistance to Slow effects is just icing on the cake

Add in the heals, absorb shields, regen and recovery boosts, and it's as all-around a Tanker as I've ever played.

I'd still appreciate any insights regarding the nuances of the build from anyone who has experience playing either power set. Please note that I haven't dipped my toe into Incarnates yet, so any recommendations along those lines which would apply to this specific build would also be much appreciated. The build is intended for all aspects of game play, from soloing to TF's, high-level content and farming.

The first thing I'm really on the fence about is the best use for that final slot. At the moment I'm considering three possibilities:

1) Meltdown: In practice, the only thing I'm really getting out of this is a 30% buff in damage about a third of the time and a nice Resist Damage mule that I'm currently using to help bolster my Psi Resist via Impervium Armor. Seems like it might be a useful 'aw s#!t' power in some situations.

2) Taunt: It just seems wrong to play a Tanker and not have this power. I've never had any problems holding aggro, but if I'm going to farm with this or run some of the higher end content, it might be necessary.

3) Vengeance: If I'm doing my job it should rarely if ever be needed, and more global recharge would probably be redundant at this point, but it could serve as a mule for a fourth LotG proc or free up an additional slot to be used elsewhere.

The second thing I'd like input on is whether I should stick with Tremor or go with Cross Punch instead. They'd both slot the same; I like Cross Punch's faster animation time and higher damage as well as it's ancillary benefits, but Tremor will hit more targets more consistently, allowing for more opportunities for the FF proc to pop off and won't leave me trying to position myself ideally while in a crowd. If I went with Cross Punch, I might want to consider Kick in that L49 slot as another option. Fault was also a consideration here, but it ultimately seems an inferior option in every regard.

Rad Hammer (Radiation - Stone) 2.mbd

RadHammer(2).thumb.png.3f2a2c7eb464634d0e8eeb554a76f3da.png

Edited by Story Archer