Has HC culture reached the Pinnacle?

On 5/13/2024 at 10:23 AM, Spankea said:

Is the culture changing in that last month?  What are your thoughts?  Seems a lot of people are trying different things or deciding to lead instead of follow.

I think it is the nature of new/returning people coming to the game.  Those of us who have been on Homecoming for years are used to a certain set of unspoken rules/habits that have developed over the years.  the newer folks are coming into it fresh and with a lot of the patterns they were used to on live or on other MMOs.
The amount of knockback, dependency on the trinity (tank/healer/dps) and that sort of thing also increases

Sometimes takes getting used to being on a +2 Kill All Synapse without the leader advertising it but I think that is to be expected at least for now.  We all have the same opportunity to start groups ourselves

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 5/16/2024 at 2:30 PM, Ironblade said:

I think you need to take into account seasonal variation.  So, the population is lower in May than it was in winter?  Okay.

I do think the total population HAS increased in the wake of the license announcement.  I think you're talking about the number of people online at any given time and that always goes down when the weather gets nicer.

If you watch https://forums.homecomingservers.com/status/ you can see it is still higher than it was 6 months ago and I think last year.  We were on average 700 logged in accounts on weekends I think.  Now it is always around 1k?

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Few months ago I stumbled over a YT clip talking about CoH like its still an living game just to learn it is still a living game and just got NC Softs blessing on top. Saw a few more clips pop up during that time and I guess like me a lot of ppl went to check out, saw its great and stuck.

Now with that explained gtf back into the game instead reading forums and make/join a group! 😛

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1