"City of Heroes has stopped working..."

hellohello

For future reference by other players (since we've resolved it elsewhere):

If you run score.exe directly, it will crash. SCORE's executable must be provided with the authserver IP (just as the original client did), patch version and patch directory.

Without the authserver, SCORE will crash on startup. With the wrong authserver or without the patch version, you will be unable to log in. Without the patch directory, your client will be missing some of the i25 data and may be unstable.

If you absolutely need to bypass Tequila, you need to supply score.exe with the following paramaters:

-patchdir score -patchversion 2019.05.06 -auth 178.128.143.231

This can be done by creating a shortcut to score.exe and adding these in properties -> target or by creating a batch file (extension BAT) that consists of score.exe followed by these parameters.

The given paramaters are correct as of 2019-05-08. I cannot guarantee that they will remain such at any point in the future.

This actually just started happening to a friend of mine too. A few local friends an I used to play, so we are picking it back up again. This friend and I got messages about the drivers needing updated. I did not update, as the game loaded fine despite the message, but the friend did update his and now it crashes on startup. Going to see if he can revert to the older drivers, see if that works for him.