Manifest Download Error

Vonleuc

Hi, tried searching for this but the post I found made it seem like it was resolved but it's not. 

I'm getting this error message in tequila: Manifest download error for http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml 
An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

Anyone still getting this error? I'm trying to download the game onto a new device.  Anything I should be doing to fix this? I followed the steps exactly in the getting started guide. 

thank you! 

Edited by Vonleuc

Ideas:

-- Is the new device connected to the Internet?  Dumb to ask, I know, but there's been times I've neglected to check this myself in a professional capacity.  (So eager to see if something else is wrong, I miss the obvious.)

-- Windows Firewall (or another program that does similar things) is blocking Tequila from 'getting outside' to download files.

-- Your system doesn't have .NET Framework installed, but I doubt this is the cause, because Tequila wouldn't start without a "Windows Features Required" dialog stating that .NET 3.5 is missing.

-- The site patch.savecoh.com might be blocked.  You can test this by using a Command Prompt then typing 'ping savecoh.com' and press Enter.  If "Destination Host Unreachable" appears or an even weirder error, it's not connecting.  Tequila isn't the problem in this case.  (If you see result times in milliseconds, you should be okay.)  If you're on Wi-Fi or using a computer at a business, school, or workplace, this could be on purpose.  Use another connection elsewhere.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

2 hours ago, Tahquitz said:

Ideas:

-- Is the new device connected to the Internet?  Dumb to ask, I know, but there's been times I've neglected to check this myself in a professional capacity.  (So eager to see if something else is wrong, I miss the obvious.)

-- Windows Firewall (or another program that does similar things) is blocking Tequila from 'getting outside' to download files.

-- Your system doesn't have .NET Framework installed, but I doubt this is the cause, because Tequila wouldn't start without a "Windows Features Required" dialog stating that .NET 3.5 is missing.

-- The site patch.savecoh.com might be blocked.  You can test this by using a Command Prompt then typing 'ping savecoh.com' and press Enter.  If "Destination Host Unreachable" appears or an even weirder error, it's not connecting.  Tequila isn't the problem in this case.  (If you see result times in milliseconds, you should be okay.)  If you're on Wi-Fi or using a computer at a business, school, or workplace, this could be on purpose.  Use another connection elsewhere.

I tried all of this to no success. 😕

EDIT:

I figured it out. I needed to run tequila as administrator. I'm bad with computers, lol. Thank you for your help! 🙂  

Edited by Vonleuc
  • Thanks 1