The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

That new Oct 1st patch... issues...

Torrentor

I was running CoH all day yesterday and a few days before at my regular screen resolution (1920x1080 - 60 Hz) with no issues and smooth results.  Today, after the patch, when I hit play I get a black screen then my Norton 360 triggers and I have to restart the whole PC.  After relaunching it defaults to windowed mode and starts.  If I switch back to my default desktop mode, Norton triggers, black screen, reboot.

I did a bit of reading on the Forums, I tried updating my drivers first then checked Tequila to close when game is launched and also turned off the Change the size of text, apps, and other items option just in case.  

Only mentioning it because it's a drastic change from last night and the only thing that was different was the new patch.  I checked the other modes and borderless and windowed work fine.  Only happens when I switch to fullscreen mode at the moment.

Here's what I am running:

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Core i7 - 2600k CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs) - 3.4 GHZ

Mem: 8192 RAM

Direct X 11

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB RAM)

Not sure if anything else I should try? 

EDIT*************   

I just restarted my pc again as I forgot to do so after the last issue and upon relaunching CoH, it is running in my usual fullscreen mode again...   Perhaps I needed to restart the whole PC after making the adjustments to Tequila?  My Norton still triggers, but I believe I can make an exception to the rule if I can find it.  I did not see the Examsoft folder in my system as noted in the troubleshooting guide on this forum, but I can work around it till I find it.

Whatever it was, it seems tweaking Tequila helped!

Edited by Torrentor
Change to issue reported