Game won't start

Umphrey37

Please help: I haven't been able to play since the 8/22 patch.  I get the same result whether I try to start in 64, 32, or Safe Mode.  I've made sure my drivers are up to date, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've even done a factory reset and reinstalled Windows.  The manifest is right, and everything else I can find to try on the forums doesn't fix the problem.  Attached is a shot of the message I get when I click play on the Tequila window.  If you can get me back in, you'll make my month.

I play on a year-old Acer Aspire U27-880.

Edit: I've made this same post on a Facebook group, and instead of help I get suggestion after suggestion to get on Discord.  I don't want to.  Surely an answer can be found here on the forums without having to sign up for something I won't use.

2019-08-22 (2).png

Edited by Umphrey37

• Retired Game Master

I believe people were telling you to join the Discord because the Facebook group is for general City of Heroes discussion and not for Homecoming support.  We really do heavily recommend people use the Discord for live support (as well as live announcements and server status) because it's easier and faster for everyone involved, though.

The first thing I'd try here is going into the Registry and deleting the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH keys.

So I'm pretty dumb concerning computer stuff.  Where is this Registry you speak of?  Thanks for the tip.

Also, I guess I'll have to learn a little something about Discord.  I would think the forums would be more than enough to get an answer for any question, but I've mostly struck out here.