Game error when using Network drive

xaviershades

So, I run COH, on a laptop.  However, due to space, I had to save the folder to an external drive.  When I'm hardwired into the drive, the game loads and runs with no issue, but recently I decided to network the external drive to the desktop (said desktop that can't play COH or else I'd just play it there) and then map the external drive to the laptop thus freeing the laptop as it's natural intention.

Now, everything on the drive works as expected.  Laptop has full access permissions via a network user.  It can view the entire drive.  Tequila runs and will download files (as confirmed by deleting a file and re-running it to replace successfully), but when I attempt to start COH, the new window pops up and a dialog box with the below info shows giving a fatal error.

"//####/Seagate/COX/piggs/bin.pigg: Error opening pig file-1

Your data might be corrupt, please run the patcher and try again."

Well, this is where I deleted the bin.pigg file to have it redownload it again (success), but still same error loading the file.  I then, to confirm, returned to using a hardwired connection and that still will load the game (as long as ran as administrator on the laptop).  Anyone got any suggestions so I can have the game played via network drive?  Let me know if you need any specific info.

Xavier

• Retired Game Master

Depending on how your hosting your network shares, i would map that folder as a drive, with a format Letter (Z:\ for example) and try that way.

Likely whats happaning is when the drives connected, its mapping to a drive format - unlike the network folder is a folder path, and when the games looking for reg its likely not finding it.

Install games to Computer A/NAS A:

C:\Games\COH as an example

Setup a network share for the "COH" folder. - Remember permissions setup.

Map the "COH" Folder to a drive letter (Z: for example) on Computer B.

Give it a bash, let me know how it goes.

hexapixel_alpha.png