Recent Linux Wine patch breaks mouse, heroic help needed!

DoctorDitko

I'm on Fedora 30, running under wine via Play on Linux.

CoH has been running great, better than under Windows (& eliminating my last reason to boot Win 10).

Last week a patch for wine and assorted libraries dropped, and suddenly my mouse lost the functions of its right and middle buttons.

The GUI clearly knows the buttons have been clicked (buttons do their little "throb" animation), but no effect in-game.

I tried rolling back, but DNF says no go.

I tried creating a new virtual drive, still no mouse love. Only the left mousebutton does anything.

If anyone has any clue to offer, please do. I'm facile with Linux but not very experienced with Wine, and my google-fu has failed me.

Please, please save me from the Microsoft monster!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 1 month later

Replying to myself (that's a sign of something, I think).

The next update of WINE fixed whatever was broken, and I'm happily playing away without leaving my penguin comfort zone.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 12/3/2019 at 10:58 AM, DoctorDitko said:

Replying to myself (that's a sign of something, I think).

The next update of WINE fixed whatever was broken, and I'm happily playing away without leaving my penguin comfort zone.

what level of wine fixed this for you? Having this same issue right now

Wine Staging 4.19

Good luck!