Tequila Opening

Myndwypr

Where you have Tequila installed, there should be a file named TequilaActivityLog.txt.  While it may not display the error that caused it to crash, you can see the last step it recorded before the error happened, which would offer a clue.

Otherwise, the same advice as other posts:

• Make sure Visual C Redistributable 2015 is installed.  Find it here: Microsoft.com. Click the big orange download button.
  • Check your Antivirus and Antimalware programs (any program that sits in your system tray/notification area) and make sure Tequila and the install directory for Tequila is exempt from scanning.  You'll need to look up how to set exemptions in your Antivirus documentation (there's too many apps out there to give advice for.)
  • You shouldn't need to run the computer with an Admin account, or use "Run as Administrator" on Tequila to play the game, BUT if you are using a standard account because your computer belongs to a school or workplace, and they're blocking the app (or any games from being run), that's between you and your IT Dept.  Don't get into trouble over the game.

Inactive account.

Hmm.  Can you open Internet Explorer on your system?  Also, if it's been a while since your system has been restarted, open Task Manager and stop any tasks with iexplore.exe or Internet Explorer and see if it clears up.

Unfortunately, Windows has a web view class that still uses iexplore.exe to show web content inside of a VC++ App, so if Internet Explorer is having issues, so will Tequila.  You don't need to remove extensions or plug-ins if you have any, but if Internet Explorer can't open websites, that might be what's causing it.

Edited by Tahquitz

Inactive account.

• City Council

Hey Myndwypr,

Try what Tahquitz suggested and let me know if it doesn't work! I'll pass this along to my team.

We'll get you back defending Paragon City. 🙂

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!