Homecoming (Story, Chimera X-21)

Mr Kovacs

Part I. Hospital

(John Murphy - Ghosts)

Spoiler

Everything felt like a blur as Chimera lay there in the bed feeling all the IVs being poked into him as the doctors and nurses sped him off, everything they were shouting all sounded familiar to him, some of them even panicking and asking to go grab, an adrenaline shot and have a crash cart on standby. In which he hazily replied "Please don't, I'm fine, check my database, it'll tell everything." After managing to get that whole sentence out he blacked out again, and continued to go back and forth as it seemed like years going by as he lay there, to him it seemed like yesterday he was raiding a crey base with a few newbies, only to find out those newbies were actually Crey agents all setup to re-capture him, and do who knows what to him.

Then in short order, some guy, in a trenchcoat, with a full helmet and gas mask covering his face shows up out of nowhere, breaks him out, and starts lighting up the place with non-lethal small arms fire. Then Drops him off at this hospital, doesn't mention his name and now, he's here, on this hospital bed, possibly bleeding out, which at the time, seemed to him like the least possible thing to happen to him, and almost ironic, because this is how he became the Chimera, it started off on a hospital bed, now, perhaps it may end on one.

Edited by Mr Kovacs

Part II. Limbo

(Biohazard - Gun Survivor 4 - Heroes Never Die/Resident Evil - Dead Aim)

Spoiler

Everything seemed to continue at a crawl for Chimera as he lay in that hospital bed, wondering if this is all going to end here and now, but he somehow just wanted to keep fighting somehow, despite that.

His blurry vision cleared from time to time, sometimes he'd see doctors, other times there was just that one guy in the trenchcoat that visited him, chatting with him, asking him questions about how long he was in the 'super hero business' for. Constantly telling him to just hang in there, and that hopefully someone here will be able to 'patch' him up, and he also always addressed him by his actual name, Wesley, which nobody really has call him that, in his lifetime, ever.

The weirdest part is despite how this guy hardly knew Chimera, this gas masked wearing trenchcoat vigilante always had a tone of compassion for Chimera, hell even though his senses drifted in and out he could constantly hear him asking about Chimera's condition, it was difficult for Chimera to imagine someone who barely knew him to go out of their way, this much to ensure that -he- was cared for. But as always, for now he drifted in and out, uncertain of what the future holds for him.

Edited by Mr Kovacs

Part III. Flashback

John Murphy - In the House, In a Heartbeat

Spoiler

Chimera finally got the treatment needed, and was put under, apparently they finally found out there was a device implanted in him, near his heart that pretty much stunted almost all his regenerative powers. As he drifted off his mind wandered to the rescue from that strange man, crey was really putting the hurt on him, well trying to anyway, they did everything in the book at then some, but they realized he was healing faster than the punishment they were dishing out, so one of them had an idea, they 'staked' him and then operated on him while he was in a state of 'torpor'. Eventually, they were getting the 'results' they wanted, but it was very short lived when that man in the trenchcoat came into the room and started blasting everyone there with non-lethal ammunition.

PJ Harvey - This Wicked Tongue

Spoiler

The man made short work of them, and then shot off Chimera's restraints, offering him a hand an in a very dry tone impersonating Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Come with me if you want to live." Chimera, would've chuckled, and thanked him for the rescue, but weakly accepted the help up, and limped along leaning on the man as he blasted their way through the complex without hesitation. Then the rest was all blurry after that, all he could remember was him arguing with some other guy and then the other guy helping the man in the trenchcoat assist getting Chimera on a stretcher and then into an ambulance and then, bam, he was here. The rest of the time seemed to pass quickly and within several hours he was back in his hospital bed, vision clearing up again, the man with the Trenchcoat no longer there, and him just in the room all by himself, Chimera took a deep exhale and sighed, he really wish he could thank that good Samaritan for going out of their way to rescue him, but then he noticed something on the nightstand next to him. 

Spoiler

1000?cb=20170613150946

The watch had an obvious EKG monitor with it and dozens of other features, and, it had a note next to it.

"Close Call huh, sorry I couldn't stick around, you can call me from this and we'll talk more, take it easy and rest for now okay big guy?"

-K.

He quickly put the watch on, and brought up the contact list on it, and hit the one which had "K" marked on it and quickly someone picked up on the other end.

"Ah, hey big guy, how you feeling?"

"Could be better, but alive, no thanks to you."

The mans tones got quieter when he spoke. "Eh, don't mention it, sorry I had to bounce, I'm not registered, and they were asking me far too many questions than I'd like, but, I do plan on complying, eventually, just not now, I have more stuff to deal with before I even think about that."

"What sort of stuff?"

"Stuff I'd rather not say on this line, lets just say my actual 'employers' don't know I'm visiting 'here' and I like keeping it that way, anyways, you can call me Mr. Kovacs, you need anything, I'll see if I can't help you out, don't worry I'm not too much on the shady side, but I can seriously help someone like you out."

"Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why?"

"Right now, I'd just like having 'scary' folks on speed dial, you fit the bill, and don't worry, if I ask for your help, you're punching out bad guys and doing your whole hero thing no problem, just one more thing ...."

"Yes?"

"If you see my partner, Brian, big burly guy, keep out of his way, and if you do see him, please tip the police off, he tends to make ... a mess of things."

"Trigger happy Vigilante type?"

"Big-time."

"Alright, I'll keep an eye out."

"Good, and Wes, if thats okay to call you that?"

"Yes?"

"Be seeing you." The Line hung up, and Chimera simply responded back, blinking. "Be Seeing you, Mr. Kovacs."