inspiration window moves

timjin

Hello, i didn't see anyone talking about this, nor did my google search. And i hope this is the correct board, I'm not 100% sure this is a bug yet. So i thought i would post here. The inspiration window / box / bar what ever you want to call it will move when I enter a mission. I like to keep my inspiration window unlocked and put it next to my power bar to the left, It never moves on it own most of the time. When I use AE or use other types of mission doors other then a door itself, it never moves. Only when I start a mission using a normal door on a building. When the window moves it seems to be very close to the center of the screen but just below it. Kind of where the mouse pointer likes to reset to.

This inst a big deal or anything just kind of annoying and was wondering if anyone else was having this same problem. none of my other windows move and the way I normally play i end up rearranging everything. Ive been on other public servers like rebirth and didn't have this problem there. (side note: i like the community and server pop on homecoming WAY more, I'm not going anywhere lol)

If it helps were are my PC specs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

RAM: 16 GIG (maker slips my mind at the moment sorry)

Windows 10 home (i miss 7)

For the moment ill just lock my inspiration window back on top of my power bar for now. It seems to like it there more then where i put it anyway. If anyone wants a screenshot i can make one no problem.

🙂

• Like 1

• Game Master

This is a bug that's been around for a while.  One fix that might be faster is using a keybind or macro to restore a saved window preset file.

1. Set the windows how you like them.  Open Options, and under Windows, scroll to the bottom and in Windows Setting File, pick "Save to default file".

2. Make one of the following:

Keybind: press button to fix Insp Window.

/bind keyname wdwload

Macro: click a word in a power tray to fix Insp Window.

/macro WIN wdwload

(keyname has to be a valid keyboard keyname... WIN is replaceable with a three to four letter button name.)

The catch?  This is per character, not across the accounts.  With keybinds, you can also save the keybind defaults (same location as Step 1, but one button above) then use /bindload to add the changed bind to your toons (while overwriting existing binds in place.  Watch out on MM toons or others with custom binds.)  Macros cannot be automated as a preloaded default except by using a bind file to populate them, which is redundant. (And I'm not going to start on the quirkiness of the Macro window that is hidden by default on most clients.) You'll have to make the macro for each toon.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

5 hours ago, GM_Tahquitz said:

This is a bug that's been around for a while.  One fix that might be faster is using a keybind or macro to restore a saved window preset file.

1. Set the windows how you like them.  Open Options, and under Windows, scroll to the bottom and in Windows Setting File, pick "Save to default file".

2. Make one of the following:

Keybind: press button to fix Insp Window.

/bind keyname wdwload

Macro: click a word in a power tray to fix Insp Window.

/macro WIN wdwload

(keyname has to be a valid keyboard keyname... WIN is replaceable with a three to four letter button name.)

The catch?  This is per character, not across the accounts.  With keybinds, you can also save the keybind defaults (same location as Step 1, but one button above) then use /bindload to add the changed bind to your toons (while overwriting existing binds in place.  Watch out on MM toons or others with custom binds.)  Macros cannot be automated as a preloaded default except by using a bind file to populate them, which is redundant. (And I'm not going to start on the quirkiness of the Macro window that is hidden by default on most clients.) You'll have to make the macro for each toon.

Ok cool, just wanted to know if i was special or not lol. I'll set up a macro to workaround this. Its really a little thing and I love this game far to much to let this get in my way. Thanks for the quick reply your awesome. 😄

I notice this as well, it's a bit of a pain. It had stopped for quite a while but has started happening fairly consistently since the last patch. I put my Insp window at the bottom in the middle but ends up in the upper left after entering a mission, be great to get that little bug squashed 🙂

• Like 1