download error, size mismatch in hc-bin32/crashhandler.exe

The+Bear

Hey all! Moved my installation over to a fresh install of Windows 10. Unfortunately when I launch Tequila it gives me:

Download error: hc-bin32/crashhandler.exe

Size mismatch (960 vs 1101824)

Checksum Mismatch (57d924blah... vs d50902blah...)

The crashhandler.exe files in both hc-bin32 and hc-bin64 are the same small size. Deleted them, and same problem. Copied fresh ones from back up, same thing. Tried validating the install in Options and it checks out but for that. No game option will start.

Do I need a different manifest? It's currently patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml . Can't think of what else would work and my search fu has failed me here. TIA!

• Retired Game Master

Sounds like antivirus is intercepting the file.  That has happened on systems I’ve used with “endpoint protection” where a patcher for a game runs, and the app thinks the files coming in are a risk.

• Retired Game Master

We don't generally provide advice for Anti-Virus software (there's tons of them out there, we can't keep up with all of them.)

As a pointer, look for a feature to whitelist or add an exception to scanning.  Usually including the Tequila Install folder and any subfolders should be sufficient.

Ok, I loaded the manifest from the server, saved it to my CoH folder and edited the info on the crashhandler.exe file to match the size and checksum of the file I do have. And it loads. 🙂 I guess I'll have to delete that at some point if I want to get updates!

Edited by The+Bear
added important bit about it working now

• Retired Game Master

Generally, if the file is deleted, Tequila should try to download it again.  Now that the client is patched, until the next patch is released you can skip past Tequila checking the validation by double-clicking on the client.