Hard Crash after respec, now nothing works

Houtchmaster

I will copy and paste my discussion from the COH Facebook group. Here is the scenario:

Well, I hit kind of a road block. At the end of a long respec, I hit the button to finalize... aaaaaand... the game totally crashes. I try to reload and it won't work. Says that there are files which tequila is unable to download. I realize that this probably means some of the tequila files are corrupted thanks to the hard crash.

I tried reverifying both game and patch files, that won't work as it says the same files cannot be downloaded.

The question is, what do I do now? Any recommendations for getting CoH up and running again? Thanks much for your thoughts ahead of time. Not sure if any of you have had hard crashes at the end of respecs.

Tried to reverify both patch and game files. I get the same message that says some files could not be downloaded.  And the PLAY button is not enabled.

Did a hard restart this morning. Same problem with files not being able to be downloaded. It goes 90% through the process then gets hung. My computer has a solid state drive. I wonder if the issue is due to a corrupted sector on my SSD.

I deleted COH and tried a totally new reinstall, which took about an hour to download. At the end, I got the same message which I was getting before, namely that the files at the very end were unable to be downloaded. Forgive the length, here is what I am seeing:

A notification with the title: Fingerprint.GenerateHash that states "Could not find file C:Users\admin\Documents\COH\Tequila.exe"

Another notification with the title: Workthread.SelfPatch() that states "Could not find file C:Users\admin\Documents\COH\Tequila.exe"

Then I get the following message after the download reverifies (forgive the length)

Download error: homecoming/bin.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/bin_fxinfo.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/bin_minimap.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/bin_particles.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/bin_powers.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/bin_sequencers.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/bin_villaincostume.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/geobin.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/geobin_czh.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/geobin_czn.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/geobin_czt.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/geobin_czv.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/geobin_obj.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/kallisti.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/missions.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/object_library.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/scenes.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/sound.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/texture_characters.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/texture_gui.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/texture_library.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: homecoming/texture_world.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_fxinfo.pigg
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_minimap.pigg

I appear to have issues with downloading the game and/or verifying the files. Any ideas?

I got into Windows Firewall (which I vaguely remember having to do last time) and made an exception for Tequila. Tried to run again and had the same problem. I am running the program as an administrator. The game for some reason does not want to finish installing.

Added the entire folder to my exempt list from Malwarebytes. Same result, sadly upon trying to install. Appreciate the heads up!

I read on the Discord Homecoming boards that one has to delete the registry of Tequila if they want to do a clean install. Regrettably, I am not computer savvy and am running a Win 7 system.  If this is the problem (not deleting the registry) I need step by step with descriptions for dummies on how to delete the registry for the original Tequila on Win 7.

This ends the info I copied from the facebook thread. Any other thoughts on how I can get Tequila properly installed again so I can run COH? According to my SSD, I have 229 gigabytes
free for storage. Thanks ahead of time for any assistance- COH was and continues to be a great community!!!! =)

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!! 😃 After much mucking about, I googled how to delete a registry for a Win 7 machine. I was just sorting and poking around for about a half an hour and I blundered into it! Deleted the registry for Tequila and did a fresh re-install... and it worked !!!! Thanks to the community here who pointed out the need to delete the Tequila registry when doing a fresh re-install !!!