Respec failed and lost enhancements

Shieki

I was attempting to respec my Blaster (Groundsman) on Excelsior and it said Respec failed. Note: I did forget to level up prior. Upon the failure, i lost about half of my stored Enhancements.

I leveled up, tried again, also failed. All of my stored enhancements disappeared from my list. Completely empty (slotted were still there)

I logged off, logged back in. Respeced was then it was successful and the window then showed all of my Enhancements that previously vanished.

Really weird but just figured i'd report it.

• 4 weeks later

Just had almost exactly the same experience.

In my case, my active build was leveled up but I had recently switched back and forth from an inactive build.

I lost about 1/4 of my enhancements on the first try and about 1/2 on the second.

My chat window was filled with lot of purple nonsense characters (sorry I forgot to take a screenshot)

I logged out but had difficulty reconnecting due to a mapserver failure

Eventually, however, I was able to log back in

As OP reports, after logging in again I was able to respec and got all my enhancements back.

Also, I'm not sure if this is behavior as intended (maybe it's a new quality of life feature?), but I noticed that respec now lets me place my slots in any order, including into powers that would not be allowed to have that many slots if leveling up normally (for example, I could 6-slot my last selected power if I wanted to). However, I was careful to place my slots in the valid build order I had originally planned.

• 4 years later
  • 6 months later
On 6/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Sarsaparilla said:

Just had almost exactly the same experience.

In my case, my active build was leveled up but I had recently switched back and forth from an inactive build.

I lost about 1/4 of my enhancements on the first try and about 1/2 on the second.

My chat window was filled with lot of purple nonsense characters (sorry I forgot to take a screenshot)

I logged out but had difficulty reconnecting due to a mapserver failure

Eventually, however, I was able to log back in

As OP reports, after logging in again I was able to respec and got all my enhancements back.

Also, I'm not sure if this is behavior as intended (maybe it's a new quality of life feature?), but I noticed that respec now lets me place my slots in any order, including into powers that would not be allowed to have that many slots if leveling up normally (for example, I could 6-slot my last selected power if I wanted to). However, I was careful to place my slots in the valid build order I had originally planned.

image.png.31e85e947c9fb5ae12757c695589aec3.png

Look something like this?