Black Screen on 64 bit with Nvidia card, low FPS otherwise

Ciciro

I'm having a weird issue with the game where if I select to use my nvidia 2060 rtx card with the 64 bit exe, I only get a black screen. I can hear the music and everything, and can click on the log in buttons, but I cant see anything. My nvidia card works fine with the 32 bit one, but the fps I get with that is in the 15-20 range. And the 64 bit exe works with my integrated card as well, but it has very low fps. My procesor and ram are both well above the recommended hardware, so I do not know what the problem is.

• Game Master

If it's a laptop with dual graphics, NVidia Control Panel should let you toggle which one you use for what app. 

If it's a desktop, however, the screen may be tied to a particular card.  (If the monitor you want to play the game on is plugged into on board video and not the NVidia card, it's going to use the Intel chipset no matter what.)

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

7 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

If it's a laptop with dual graphics, NVidia Control Panel should let you toggle which one you use for what app. 

If it's a desktop, however, the screen may be tied to a particular card.  (If the monitor you want to play the game on is plugged into on board video and not the NVidia card, it's going to use the Intel chipset no matter what.)

Turns out it was the latter. For most games I could use my Nvidia even though I plugged the monitor into the board, just not for this one.