Alternative to donations. Kickstarters for items/services

Heliopause

My understanding is that the Homecoming group cannot accept direct monetary donations or they may get into legal troubles.  I have a suggestion.  Maybe start Kickstarters for very specific things you need where the donations go to items.  For example, X amount a new server, or X amount to the service provider for one year of service.  I believe Kickstarter has strict guidelines to make sure the donations go to exactly what they are supposed to and nothing else.  Just an idea.

This is why I suggested an off shore corp days ago. The selling or giving of stock to players will change the dynamics of every thing. If filed out of the correct country

IE Belize or one of the dozen other places where true corporate secrecy exists. Personally I favor Belize, there it is a felony to disclose any information about an

international business corporation, that's what they are called there. All the owners of the corporation could stay anonymous this way.

This is kind of similar to the way some county clubs are organized. It should be a non profit corp. One person, one share, one vote, no exception.

Technically we could do a domestic corporation, but my one question is, why?

The funding for the start of the corporation should be done my sending an email to each player from there membership to this blog.

$1 per person, this is not for the game it's for the corporation. this can be done through Paypal. 

The current management team should be put the board of directors. They should have two year terms. After that we should have a shock holders meeting, this could be done virtually.

The stockholders would be responsible for the for the debt. There would be no donations, no paper trail. There would no claim that we are seeking to turn a profit from the game.

If the 22,000 account represents 22,000 people. Annual does of $10 would easy fund the running the game. We could raise this based our needs.   

We each love this game, what we do now will shape it for years to come.

This is why I suggested an off shore corp days ago. The selling or giving of stock to players will change the dynamics of every thing. If filed out of the correct country

IE Belize or one of the dozen other places where true corporate secrecy exists. Personally I favor Belize, there it is a felony to disclose any information about an

international business corporation, that's what they are called there. All the owners of the corporation could stay anonymous this way.

This is kind of similar to the way some county clubs are organized. It should be a non profit corp. One person, one share, one vote, no exception.

Technically we could do a domestic corporation, but my one question is, why?

The funding for the start of the corporation should be done my sending an email to each player from there membership to this blog.

$1 per person, this is not for the game it's for the corporation. this can be done through Paypal. 

The current management team should be put the board of directors. They should have two year terms. After that we should have a shock holders meeting, this could be done virtually.

The stockholders would be responsible for the for the debt. There would be no donations, no paper trail. There would no claim that we are seeking to turn a profit from the game.

If the 22,000 account represents 22,000 people. Annual does of $10 would easy fund the running the game. We could raise this based our needs.   

We each love this game, what we do now will shape it for years to come.

If I ever have any money, I will be needing your advice :)

worked in a related field for over twenty years and have owned several corporations. I know and understand the subject intimately.

Success comes from planing, and like I have explained before to others, most laws stop at boarders. Except for the united states, they acts in a criminal manor

every day pushing it's laws onto other while claiming to be the good guy. I can point out hundreds examples of this. The real reason behind Japan attacking

america at pearl harbor is a prime example of this. If you don't know it, It's worth the time to find out. The idea that we can stop Iran from selling their own oil is another.

The US extorted the Swiss to break their banking secrecy. I know of hundreds of examples of this. I know of people in prison here for doing something lawful

while on vacation in another country. When the US found out, they charged them under US laws. when you travel you are under the laws of the land your in not US laws.

I love my country but hate my corrupt, unconstitutional government. I have personal seen police lie in court. I have seen bold face lies on search warrants.

Never trust the government or the courts. Only trust what you can control.

We need to think about how to protect those who are running this and how we can spread out their risk.

If there were over twenty thousand of us, we would represent the large organization of it's kind to have ever existed.

With unity comes power. This can only be done in a few ways. I do not have all the solutions or all the answers but I do know what my experience tells me.