Issues Logging in/Server Selecting

Dimzek

-I've been playing for a few weeks now, and even today i was playing. I went AFK to take care of something. When i returned i was disconnected.

-No problem, Ill just log back in. Cannot connect to server check your blah blah. Everything is good.

-I try again, Cannot connect. Cannot Connect. Then it finally connects. I accept the terms then choose my server. Server highlights, nothings happening. Can move cursor around, but no other button highlights. Then after a few minutes, booted back to log-in screen, with a 'Cannot connect to servers'

-I try again. Log-in, Cannot Connect, Try again, Connect, Accept, Choose, Pause........, Booted to Log-In..

So yeah. Cant seem to get into the game. It kinda reminds me of the 'java.io.ioExcpetions' error that occurs on Minecraft alot. So i made sure my firewall allowed all the COH/Tequila programs through.

I use a tablet with a HotSpot for my internet, computer is nothing fancy, at all, its super old, but well off enough to play on max graphics with no issues at all.

Any ideas whats going on and how to fix it?

After creating this post, I tried again. And it seemed to log me in and connect to the server easily as if the issue never existed... So yeah. Maybe there is still an issue lurking and someone knows something. Let me know what's what if anyone happens to have any information

• Game Master

The Internet can be screwy?  With a lot of people stuck at home, there's going to be temporary issues with lag and disconnects.  Most of these issues clear up in 30-60 minutes if it's outside of "prime time" (6pm-12am Eastern Time). 

You can also visit the Server Status page when the issues occur, which will tell you if your server of choice is under strain or if everything is okay and the lag/disconnects are another kind of connection issue.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.