SD/DM requesting critique

Hirumakai

So having come back to the game this month from long ago, I decided my second character should be a tanker.  I never really got into the archetype on live, and the homecoming changes to tankers sounded interesting.  I also figured I'd try out the Dark melee changes as well.  Since I already had a super reflexes scrapper  (which I enjoyed on live and here as well), I thought I'd try the other primarily defense set, shield.

Said Tanker just hit 50, and I'm considering the following build.

The idea behind this build is to be near soft cap for low level exemplaring (i.e. sub-30), at or above soft cap 30-50, and combined with barrier 5% defense + agility 20% defense, hit incarnate soft cap in the incarnate content.  The build below without barrier but with T4 agility hits 53% for all 3 positionals, and I believe T4 Barrier + T4 agility gives 6% defense for the last minute of the barrier power.  Double stacked active defense and grant cover gets defense debuff resistance to 87.8%.  So resistant but not immune to defense debuffs.  On the other hand, dark melee gives a little breathing room with to-hit debuffs on enemies.

Its got a lot of recharge to help leverage Shield Charge, Soul Drain, and Dark Consumption.  With Agility T4, Hasten has 100% up time.   All the recharge makes for a pretty smooth single target attack chain.  AoE seems good enough.  Generally hover above the mob and use shadow maul pointing down to hit most of them with the 180 degree arc.

The resists could be better. It requires 2 stack of the Might of the Tanker get the S/L capped. I'm tempted to swap 3 Oblitteration in for the 3 Scirocco's Devish in the Dark Consumption, so that S/L is capped with 1 Might of the Tanker proc and barrier (5%).  Fire/Cold is merely Ok, hitting about 75% with Barrier + 2 stacks.   Toxic sits around 68%.   Energy/Negative Energy/Psionic all seem pretty low by tanker standards, at 60% and 50% with the mentioned 5% barrier + 2 stacks.

The "travel power" is hover + jump pack.

The level 47 power is something I'm not sure of.   Darkest Night with 1 endurance reduction was just something that seemed tank-ish, by reducing to-hit and damage for everyone effectively.  Alternatively,  I could see swapping in Summon Widow to combine with Phalanx fighting (does that work?) plus grant cover and general taunting should keep them alive when working solo.  Even with only 1 accuracy/damage IO, they'd have a 300 second cool down with 4 minutes up time because of all the global recharge.  Although I don't know how good the Widow pet is without much slotting.  I suppose I could also just shift everything and take Smite and slot it out instead of Shadow Punch.

Thanks for any suggestions and critiques.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Tanker
Primary Power Set: Shield Defense
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Dam%(19)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 4: Shadow Maul -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 6: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: True Grit -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-ResDam(43), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 12: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48)
Level 14: Taunt -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(A), TchoftheN-Heal(25), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 18: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(23), BlsoftheZ-Travel(37)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(46), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(50), Ags-Psi/Status(50)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Arm-Dmg(27), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(33)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 32: One with the Shield -- ResDam-I(A)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(36), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(36)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(40), Pnc-Heal/+End(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(37), PwrTrns-+Heal(37)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------