Pets cannot target Lvl 28 Spirit Stalkers and Apparitions in Night Ward

Kartanian

Windows: @kartanian, Lazarus Moon, Everlasting, Night Ward, 8/1/2020, roughly 1300-1400 Eastern Time.

Found in the Night Ward outdoor zone that Lvl 28 Apparition enemy group mobs and some of the Lvl 28 Spirit Stalker enemy group mobs were not targetable by my Phantom Army pets. With Shadow Fall on as an Illusion/Dark controller, lvl 28 myself, I activated Phantom Army and put the PA pets just beyond the enemy mobs to start the fight. My pets spawned and then ran back to me. This would aggro the enemies, but my pets would not react at all to the enemy mobs for the entire duration of the summoning power's effect, regardless of what I did.

Also, when Confused, these enemy mobs would go passive and stop attacking everything. Ordinarily, they would attack their own group, effectively becoming my pets or allies while the confusion effect was active, but this expected behavior did not happen.

Also, the Spectral Terror pseudo-pet performed normally, hitting these mobs with the Fear effect as expected.

I tried turning off Shadow Fall, or using Improved Invisibility, or going with no other power active (other than the Hasten effect), and the behavior was the same each time for these lvl 28 spawns. When attacking Apparitions that were lvl 25, my pets reacted normally. Other enemy groups than these two that I tested (Lamplighters, Animus Arcane, Talons of Vengeance) showed normal, expected behavior.

I explored this with different spawns and enemy groups and found that it only seems to happen with the lvl 28 enemies (all were hostile; no yellow-border neutrals). I found the same behavior for all lvl 28 Apparition enemies and all Spirit Stalker spawns where there was not a "battle" between the Spirit Stalkers and one or more mobs from another group. (All of those battle spawns seemed to function normally.)

Another Illusion controller (level 50) was badge hunting in the area and joined me and found the same thing for her Phantasm pet, as well as her Phantom Army pets.

Maybe this is reflecting a bug in these specific mobs' "IsEnemy" tag or something? I'm not sure about the coding, but this was consistent, and only on lvl 28s that I could find.

Edited by Kartanian

More Testing (same character):

Lvl 26 Fireballs (Animus Arcana) that were in a battle with Lamplighters were also ignored by the Phantom Army pets, same character, same zone.

But a group of mixed lvl 26 Animus Arcana spells a block away were picked up and attacked by the next cast of PA pets as normal.

Then, the next group of lvl 26 Fireballs was ignored by the PA pets and went passive when confused.

A mixed group of lvl 26 Lamplighters was attacked normally by the PA pets.

Mixed group of lvl 28 Animus Arcana behaved normally.

Mixed group of lvl 28 Talons with an Animated Staff "captive" behaved normally.

Group of lvl 28 Apparitions (1 LT and 1 minions) was ignored by the PA pets.