Grav/Rad/Soul ! A new trick for an old-timer

VashNKnives

I'm posting this just as a help for anyone seeking Grav/Rad build. Like many of you I have many years of experience building characters and multiple pages of 50s on Homecoming alone all with I/O'd builds and incarnates. Thankfully with this game you can take even a concept character and make it work....

However, this Grav/Rad concept I had was originally very tricky to play even with all my experience, resources, and planning (much more trouble than my fire/fire/fire or mind/MA/mace) . I respec'd about a half-dozen times and finally found the rhythm. So without further ado - the build is in the Spoiler tags and some highlights are below:

Fun Guidelines

1. Must survive solo +1x8 when 50.
  2. Must solo at a reasonable speed when 50.
  3. Must not require micromanaging permadom
  4. Avoid Incarnate endurance management if possible

Concept Guidelines

1. Hover 
  2. Teleport
  3. Avoid non-gravity/dimensional looking effects

Findings

1. Binds are a significant quality of life booster for this combination - specifically powexec_location target and powexec_location me
  2. Grav/ - just feels like it needs an AoE soft control power like hotfeet, even just a sleep, or modification to dimension shift - good thing /Rad has some stuns, a knock, and a heal to help
  3. Dimension Shift just is too situational - cool power but very situational to fit in a tight build - would like it more if it added a bunch of random mezes like confuses and terror to baddies stuck inside
  4. Combat Teleport is great for positioning hoverers to also be meleers
  5. "Painting" radiation on all is a constant goal
  6. Radiation siphon is better than I originally thought as a heal/damage power
  7. Devastating blow is worse than I originally thought as a damage power
  8. Just using the shield from //mace was a nightmare even at 45% to SM/L/R and with personal force field - not enough resistance or AoE damage or endurance
  9. Don't underestimate resistance epic pool shields - was //mace and switched to //soul b/c you will get hit even with 45%+ def to sm/l/r and your heal needs resistance to keep up
  10. Don't underestimate the need for supplemental AoE damage - //soul or //psionic were my top choices b/c of theme
  11. /Rad is an end hog - //soul helped by allowing tough/weave to be dropped and then take a debuff to make up for it

End Result

1. Fun Permadom - yet with tight hasten/domination activation timings managed by keybinds
  2. after adding //soul +1x8 is easy most of the time even before incarnates
  3. ranged/melee hybrid with good tools for most levels

Suggestions

1. Fold Space can be a good power for this build but I wanted to fly and have a little more breathing room for permadom
  2. dimension shift and crushing field are interchangeable but crushing is far more spammable
  3. incarnates are to taste, I think I may change my void judgment to radial for the -damage
  4. if you find yourself frustrated with recharge or end management don't forget supergroup base boosts or the pay to win vendor - you don't need them with this build but its all part of the game as far as I'm concerned

Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.2.19
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Radioactive Assault
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Dam%(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(7), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Contaminated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(13), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(17)
Level 6: Hover -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), Rct-ResDam%(21)
Level 8: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(21)
Level 10: Electron Haze -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 12: Crushing Field -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(25), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(25), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(27), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(27), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(29)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Fusion -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(33), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Radiation Siphon -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(34), TchoftheN-Heal(37)
Level 22: Combat Teleport -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Wormhole -- SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(A), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36)
Level 28: Atom Smasher -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dmg(37)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Proton Volley -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(42), GldJvl-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Dark Embrace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), GldArm-ResDam(43)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), CldSns-%Dam(45), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(45), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(46), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- Erd-Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Erd-%Dam(47), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(47), RctRtc-ToHit(50)
Level 47: Devastating Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(49)
Level 49: Dark Consumption -- EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
------------

Enough defense that a -tohit debuff can make a difference and so that Afterburner activation gets you to the softcap in a hurry if necessary:

Spoiler

image.png.b924d47547f7a049e33741c96693daed.png

Edited by VashNKnives