I start tequila but it say validating and then closes

Shivenn

First you must launch the game from Tequila.exe not score.exe.  Make sure once tequila has opened that score is highlighted and hit play.

IF it just crashed there good chances the City of Heroes Folder (or w/e you called your install folder) does not have read AND write permission.

First you must launch the game from Tequila.exe not score.exe.  Make sure once tequila has opened that score is highlighted and hit play.

IF it just crashed there good chances the City of Heroes Folder (or w/e you called your install folder) does not have read AND write permission.

What I meant, was that I tried launching it from score.exe as an alternative, since Tequila goes to download, then closes. 

Tequila does this also when running as Administrator. 

What I meant, was that I tried launching it from score.exe as an alternative, since Tequila goes to download, then closes. 

Tequila does this also when running as Administrator.

If tequila goes to downloading then you dont have it pointed to the right place check your install path in options make sure tequila is pointing the the game files.

If tequila goes to downloading then you dont have it pointed to the right place check your install path in options make sure tequila is pointing the the game files.

Thank you.  This helped.

I originally installed it to my Program Files folder, and was running as Admin.  Didn't have any issue with this until today.

What I did, was run it without Admin, so it would give me an error message, but not crash.  I set the new target for a fresh folder on my desktop.  Then, I moved the files from the Program Files from from my local drive to the new desktop folder.

Ran Tequila. It verified the files, didn't crash, and gives me the option to press Play.

I hope OP sees this, and it helps them too.

Pleas see my post after that one.

Bud... all you said was

I tried launching it from score.exe as an alternative

Which gives zero additional information.

Please re-read what I wrote - if you run score.exe without the launch parameters, it will always crash.

Double-clicking the executable does not provide the launch parameters.

If you create a shortcut to score.exe that provides those parameters when starting the game, you can run SCORE without having to go through Tequila. ( edit: as shown in https://score.savecoh.com/index.php/topic,638.0.html )