Rain of Arrows on Sentinel

Britannicus

It looks to me like the relative efficacy of Rain of Arrows on Sentinel is substantially below that on Blaster.

For sentinel, all of the alpha attacks recharge around 90 seconds (now rain of arrows is 95 seconds, longer than most). Compared to Blackstar, Rain of Arrows has longer recharge but only 66% damage (at least according to the numbers in the character creator). Most of the other old alpha attacks (electric blast, nova, etc.) have similar damage numbers to one another. Rain of Arrows looks to me to be substantially behind those powers since it doesn't outpace them in any metric (except endurance and cast time, as of today's patch) and is substantially behind them on damage and even behind on recharge time.

Again, I believe this discrepancy is only there on Sentinel. On blaster, the old draining alpha powers all have longer recharges (145 seconds for Blackstar) compared to Rain of Arrows (only 65 seconds).

Rain of arrows should either have a faster recharge compared to the other alpha attacks on Sentinel (which would best fit the design of the powerset) or have it's damage brought in line with other alphas IMO.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if I am being unclear or if I am incorrect in any of my statements. The game is in a great state, but I want to point out that discrepancy in hopes that Archery on sentinel can be brought in line with other powersets.

Dual Pistols' Hail of Bullets has the same design (and the same issue on Sentinels).

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂