How Robin Hood made a profit.

Ignatz the Insane

A few days ago  I was buying Set IOs for a new alt.  I'm a patient fella, and when my bids didn't fill after 24 hours, I took a closer look.  Someone was putting  bids in that were higher than historically average and reselling for rather exorbitant prices on three of the six piece set.  The gap between bought and sold was huge....several million per IO.  So I decided to overbid them and undersell them.  I went into the project thinking i was gonna normalize prices at a loss.  I was wrong.  In fact, over the last three days Ive made half a billion influence, with little time invested....simply buying the lesser used set IOs in set and converting, and buying recipes of the same category and converting.  Always, always overbidding and underselling.  Now the market for those IOs are flooded, and the prices are normalized.  The original market PVPer seems to have given up, so I've been lowering the prices gradually.  Even more amazing.....half my sales are at the higher 'buy it now'  prices, netting me a nice profit. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1