How do I find my account name?

μετα

I have memory problems. I wrote in my journal that my user name was μετα, that is 'meta' in Greek, but I'm not able to type that into the login box. It doesn't seem to support unicode. I don't know if this changed recently in an update (the ability to type in unicode) but I'm having trouble verifiying what I think my account name is? 

Many thanks : )

μετα is your username here, on the forums.  It shows up in the upper-left of your posts, above your icon, and it also shows up in the upper-right of the forums when you log in.  It'll be to the right of the "Wikis" button on the navigation bar at the top.  I'm pretty sure the forum username accepts unicode input, and you're already logged in, so that's probably not the username you're looking for

image.png.5736e5fff17974e487f593ba416df563.png

Your in-game username - which is separate from and can be different from your forum username - can be seen by going to the navigation bar at the top and hovering your mouse over "Account".  A dropdown menu with "Game Account" will be shown.

image.png.c823aed807fe214cb2970401070438c2.png

Select "Game Account" (or just click here) and it'll take you to a screen that will show your game account username, and prompt you to change your password; you don't have to change your password if you don't want to.  In-game usernames don't accept unicode characters if I'm not mistaken, only alphanumeric characters, so you probably named it something different from your forum account username.  Regardless, it'll be shown on the page I linked to.

image.png.3ad64ba7f9e43552eac6b7690272bd09.png

If you haven't set up a game account, then that page will start the process of making one; you'll have to fill out some information to complete the process.  Your game account is attached to your forum account, but they can have different usernames and passwords for security purposes.

Does that help?

Edited by Nerva
Small corrections and the removal of typos, addition of hopefully useful images
  • Like 1