Random Disconnect problem

amendara

Hi everyone,

I have been having a strange problem the past few months, and wonder if anyone might have some advice.

Basically, when I log into CoH and enter the game, after a short while my internet connection gets cut off for everything.  When I go back to windows, it has disconnected from the Wifi, and if I try to reconnect it always says "cannot connect to this network."  So my whole internet gets cut off until I reboot the computer which fixes it.

As long as I don't log into CoH I never have this problem, and sometimes I can play CoH for hours with no disconnect.  But at other random times I disconnect within 5 minutes of entering the game, and have to reboot my whole computer to restore the internet connection.

A very unusual problem no doubt.  I wonder if any of you tech-savvy folks have ever experienced anything like this, and perhaps have a solution?

Thanks

If anyone has a similiar problem, allow city of heroes through your window firewall.  I had allowed it through for years and somehow my allowed programs got reset. 

Still odd that it was letting me connect for 5minutes, and I had to reboot my whole computer after getting forcefully disconnected.  But allowing the .exe through the firewall seems to have solved my problem.

• Thumbs Up 1