Pharaoh's Build Night widow

There's a *lot* wrong with  this build, I'm sorry to say. I don't mean to be harsh, but there are some important lessons to learn here.

First off, you have both Combat Training: Defensive and Foresight set to maximum effectiveness. That is to say, you don't have the resists you think you do unless you're at 1% health. Those powers provide scaling resistances. At above 75% health, they provide no bonus whatsoever. You *will* get one-shot, especially with few HP bonuses.

Second off, you have Follow Up set to four stacks. *Four* stacks. That is simply not possible, and not even remotely reflective of your actual damage values. Especially with the Gaussian's proc toggled on, too. Be mindful of cooldowns and durations.

Frankly, it looks like you were trying to "bullshot' your build, displaying a perfect-case scenario that is not realistic in order to "showcase" your build. If you want a proper look at your actual performance, turn all damage and scaling bonuses off, set yourself as "attacked" in configuration (to properly display things like Mask Presence's in-combat buff vs its out of combat buff), and turn off procs like Gaussian's.

Third, your power selection is all over the place.  Taking Maneuvers is not the worst idea, but there is no reason to stack Assault with TT: Assault. Even Maneuvers is questionable, as while you're providing extra defense for your team, your usefulness will suffer greatly. You don't have the endurance to handle it, even with Cardiac core.

Combat Training: Offensive is useless. Swipe should not be slotted like a primary attack power, as it is not worth using in a rotation. Shatter Armor gives you additional redraw to worry about on top of your existing redraw, making it garbage. Web Envelope is therefore just a waste. Hasten is not perma, though you're lucky in that you managed to get Mind Link to just barely perma without it.

You're lacking the important recovery uniques in Performance Shifter, Numina's Convalescence, and Panacea.

The way I see this build playing out is a lot of deaths to random damage getting through, and a lot of downtime while waiting for endurance to recover. The latter problem can be addressed with Ageless, but at that point you've invested too much into your endurance issue that didn't need to be invested, and not enough elsewhere to actually make you an effective combatant.

Please take a look at the several strong Night Widow build guides. There are differing opinions on how to build a Widow, but there are also a lot of things held in common. You can learn a lot from them that will help you understand Widows better.

31 minutes ago, Stealthrider said:

There's a *lot* wrong with  this build, I'm sorry to say. I don't mean to be harsh, but there are some important lessons to learn here.

First off, you have both Combat Training: Defensive and Foresight set to maximum effectiveness. That is to say, you don't have the resists you think you do unless you're at 1% health. Those powers provide scaling resistances. At above 75% health, they provide no bonus whatsoever. You *will* get one-shot, especially with few HP bonuses.

Second off, you have Follow Up set to four stacks. *Four* stacks. That is simply not possible, and not even remotely reflective of your actual damage values. Especially with the Gaussian's proc toggled on, too. Be mindful of cooldowns and durations.

Frankly, it looks like you were trying to "bullshot' your build, displaying a perfect-case scenario that is not realistic in order to "showcase" your build. If you want a proper look at your actual performance, turn all damage and scaling bonuses off, set yourself as "attacked" in configuration (to properly display things like Mask Presence's in-combat buff vs its out of combat buff), and turn off procs like Gaussian's.

Third, your power selection is all over the place.  Taking Maneuvers is not the worst idea, but there is no reason to stack Assault with TT: Assault. Even Maneuvers is questionable, as while you're providing extra defense for your team, your usefulness will suffer greatly. You don't have the endurance to handle it, even with Cardiac core.

Combat Training: Offensive is useless. Swipe should not be slotted like a primary attack power, as it is not worth using in a rotation. Shatter Armor gives you additional redraw to worry about on top of your existing redraw, making it garbage. Web Envelope is therefore just a waste. Hasten is not perma, though you're lucky in that you managed to get Mind Link to just barely perma without it.

You're lacking the important recovery uniques in Performance Shifter, Numina's Convalescence, and Panacea.

The way I see this build playing out is a lot of deaths to random damage getting through, and a lot of downtime while waiting for endurance to recover. The latter problem can be addressed with Ageless, but at that point you've invested too much into your endurance issue that didn't need to be invested, and not enough elsewhere to actually make you an effective combatant.

Please take a look at the several strong Night Widow build guides. There are differing opinions on how to build a Widow, but there are also a lot of things held in common. You can learn a lot from them that will help you understand Widows better.

Arachnos Night Widow.mxd

• 1 month later

I do not know if you attempted to change anything in that prior build, but you still have way too many glaring holes. This build is suboptimal for any type of play and you will be taking dirt naps a lot. Stealthrider said it best with all his helpful comments and I strongly suggest to look up the Night Widow guides in this forum.