text multiplication in AE mission using %%%%s

Ridiculous Girl

i was editting my AE mission " BADGES badges BADGES! Ridiculous Girl's semi-EASY mission for AE badges!" (shameless plug 😉) when i noticed that i began to have problems with my text in mission.

i filed a bug report in game...

not sure how to describe this.... in the AE mission editor, under souvenir description i have text that multiplies each time i save the mission. the text reads " abracadabree, abracadabra, I hereby forever give you +0.01\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p \p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p of pure luck in your life!" apparently, if i have +0.01\p\p\p\p\p, for example, it will add \p\p\p\p after the save. it will double each time i edit and save. so after multiple saves and redits, text limit of 3000 is reached with a text wall of \p\p\p\p\p\ps 🙂

the actual souvenir text in the AE reads %%%% rather than /p/p/p, etc...

Hopefully you can get rid of this if you don't want it. But why would you? This will bring eternal good luck! Tell your friends! and your neighbors! and their dogs too! Abracadabree, abracadabra, I hereby forever give you +0.01%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% (add literally 2000%s) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% of pure luck in your life! What? Don't look a gift badger in the mouth! It'll make a difference, I swear on my maker! 😄

when the mission was first created i probably had added 20"%"s to the souvenir text. (to be ridiculous of course 😁) but apparently, if my text reads 0.01%%%%%, it will add 4"%"s each time i go to edit and save the mission. so, the next edit will have 8"%"s, the following 16, etc.. it did not take too many edits to reach the text limit of 3000 with that geometric progression.

i tested this with a new AE mission and filled in all texts with "Abracadabree, abracadabra, I hereby forever give you +0.01%%%%%" and with each edit, all text fields quickly became invalid because of multiplying text.

i am not sure if it is a bug or just a quirk of programming. i did not even notice that my AE mission souvenir had literally almost 2000"%"s in them. 😁 i may have noticed one or two times, but i did not even question this because sometimes i do ridiculous things and forget.

i thought i would file a bug report because it was weird, funny, and replicable. definitely not intended, but certainly ridiculous. 😄

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

My cats got a little upset with the three dog messages: 
" Hopefully you can get rid of this if you don't want it. But why would you? This will bring eternal good luck! Tell your friends! and your neighbors! and their dogs too! Abracadabree, abracadabra, I hereby forever give you +0.01%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% of pure luck in your life! What? Don't look a gift badger in the mouth! It'll make a difference, I swear on my maker! :D"

4 minutes ago, Mazha said:

My cats got a little upset with the three dog messages:

thank you mazha for your help! 😎

• Like 1

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

Spoiler

actually, it has now gotten more interesting...

i noticed that i had three identical souvenirs, which did not seem important, until i began testing my mission on other alts. then I noticed that i had three souvenirs on them too after i finished the mission. when i went to another alt that had not run the mission, i noticed that they also had three souvenirs.

now, correct me if i am wrong, but AE souvenirs should not be global, right?

even more interesting is that when i ran it several times on RG, it kept adding souvenirs to her and all of my alts. even brand new level 1 alts that have never moved, as well as an alt that had not been accessed for 1337 days. i am now up to 8 souvenirs, and all of the alts that i have checked now have 8.

to replicate this bug, i asked a friend to run the mission and see how many souvenirs they had when they finished. i hoped that they would have 8, but they ended up with 2. but, when they checked in on an alt, the alt also had 2 souvenirs. when they ran the mission again, they had 3.

i am not sure what is going on here, but what seemed to be a simple problem got a lot weirder. any ideas? 🙂

AE mission test bug 2.jpg

wow, i was losing my mind! i made a test mission and learned that AE mission souvenirs are global! who knew? so ignore this whole thing...

Edited by Ridiculous Girl
i made a huge mistake :D

i think i am going crazy with this... i mean... is it supposed to do this? have i been looking at something completely normal? 😵

i am currently questioning my sanity. i hope someone can resolve this for me... 😁