Dawn Radio exclusively on Excelsior

MadVyking

Kinda like quick new headlines.  

I like the idea of listeners becoming field reporters.  They could report happenings and even do "Breaking News". 

I report the Friday night cc in AP when I am there.  Mad even played music themed on the cc which was really cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

I asked Mad Vyking to play Becks song " Loser" for me when I lost the CC on Friday... I mean when I lose EVERY FRIDAY!2d3ba403da5d20896b097c0890ca5010.jpg.e94069b17814c22120e120262c056d6a.jpg

On 1/14/2024 at 8:42 AM, Monty Haull said:

Kinda like quick new headlines.  

I like the idea of listeners becoming field reporters.  They could report happenings and even do "Breaking News". 

I report the Friday night cc in AP when I am there.  Mad even played music themed on the cc which was really cool.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really want "Dawn- Radio" to flourish.   What can be done to assist? I mean I could just make my own playlist when I play COH, but some of the shows and DJs are very fun and entertaining. I SAID SOME! lol. I was surprised to find out (good god) almost 15-20 years ago when I listened to the first radio stations on live that some of the DJs returned! I mean that's LOVE of the game. 

1. Mad Vyking has done a great job! 

2. This has to continue. It must expand. It's really good content that will evolve into great content.

3 I actually look forward to certain shows and DJs. I SAID SOME lol !

4. It's a nice break form the game play...I play a lot lol

5. I still think a lot of people are unaware of the station and shows.

The shows ( I know it seems weird) they click with me. I really enjoy them. MOST OF THEM! lol. 

I am rambling but really please don't lose the momentum!

Edited by Enchantica
Needed to add and "I" between when and listened.
  • Like 2

https://www.facebook.com/events/1564455817702600/?active_tab=discussion

DawnCon 9 

For those new to us, DawnCon is our annual event. Think comic con online and we were doing it before the covid lockdowns.

I will try again to keep current on all news but the dates are July 25-28 and span more than one game.

Interviews will be on http://dawnradio.org/ as well as on game respective to the person's choice of game.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Enchantica said:

Hey! I have a request of the dev's. I would like a costume piece a T- shirt that says "DAWN RADIO" .   I am willing to pay a gratuity for their time.

Could try posting in suggestions and feedback.

It's does bring up the idea of paying for custom costume pieces.  I wonder if the devs would entertain the idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Enchantica said:

I think you need to get the word out about Dawn radio.  I don't think most players are aware of it.

I was not aware of it. And, in a fashion, I'm still not. 

If I'm going to listen to music when I play, I think it's just easier to use my own playlists from iTunes or Amazon Music. I don't really see the point of listening to someone else's idea of a good playlist. Like..what's the point? Is there some sort of in-game benefit? 

• Microphone 1

4 hours ago, Perfidy said:

I was not aware of it. And, in a fashion, I'm still not. 

If I'm going to listen to music when I play, I think it's just easier to use my own playlists from iTunes or Amazon Music. I don't really see the point of listening to someone else's idea of a good playlist. Like..what's the point? Is there some sort of in-game benefit? 

Some of the shows. Like Pogomans is more like a talk show and its very entertaining.  They have a request night., a  heavy metal night and sometimes it's very funny to hear what other people like or dislike. I asked myself that same question that you asked (why not just make my own playlist) For me it's very much like listening to a radio station with a DJ or Dj's you like. Some nights its very interactive and many of the listeners are very funny by themselves.  The "in game benefit" for me was I met some very funny people got to hear some good ... and not so good music and it's been a good time some listeners opened my ears to new music i never knew existed  Remember these people also play the game just like you. I think that their efforts are for of love of the game and the people who play it.  That counts for something in my book.  I for one enjoy myself and the shows. It also gives me an oppuntunity to play my toon "Drinkie Mouse"  Oh and you can always "tune in" on shows you like and go to the playlist when its something you dont.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/21/2024 at 6:58 AM, MadVyking said:

Getting guests for Dawncon. Can see them on Facebook link in this forum

For Dawncon, you should get a regular player as a guest. I mean as AWESOME as a star trek filk singer will be. It would be cool to interview a player. I vote for Snarky , Snarky seems dangerous like Dj Jester.

• Thumbs Up 2

Our first of our usual events of the year is about to begin.  March madness mayhem. It's where our listeners pick 64 songs to be nominated for deletion.  So for those who say we play what we think is good.... nope. All these songs come from my request shows. During March , our listeners vote in brackets in the style of the NCAA tourney brackets. They choose out of each bracket which song is worse. The songs then advance from 64 to 32 to 16 to 8 to 4 to 2. The final song gets deleted from my Playlist and the automusic.  Join the fun and either vote or cheer for the song you want gone. I can if people are interested post the brackets and the succeeding ones here if interested.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, MadVyking said:

Question for those who know.

Should I put the days for Dawncon in the player based events section?

Wherever it will get the most exposure.  

On another note ,  warzone saved, dump minions

Save Dominic the Italian Christmas donkey over we gotta know.  May Harley Flannigan forgive me!

I cant find the list for the march madness songs

6 hours ago, Enchantica said:

Wherever it will get the most exposure.  

On another note ,  warzone saved, dump minions

Save Dominic the Italian Christmas donkey over we gotta know.  May Harley Flannigan forgive me!

I cant find the list for the march madness songs

It's on discord

https://discord.com/channels/435556572962357288/1063610752461709353/1210073037878329364