Should I add enhancement slots for survivability?

Makszi

As a 25 ninja/dark MM, I tend to add all my enhancement slots to my pets so that I can maximize their damage... Should I also consider adding enhancement slots to things like survivability? Example of where to add slots: HP regen, stamina, defence buffs

Looking for any advice on general character building when it comes to enhancements

Setting aside the "Dark" of it all...

Generally it is a good idea to help out the henchmen with defenses (first) and resistances (second). Aside from the various global unique enhancements that buff these when they are close to the Mastermind, it is rare that slotting the henchmen themselves for defense/resistance IOs (not counting those globals) is that valuable.

/Dark has historically been a strong MM secondary because it offers two things, plus a third thing (in the era of enhancement sets)

1. It offers PBAoE Healing, Defenses, and Resistances to support the henches
  2. It offers debuffs and controls to make the henches job easier.
  3. Dark Fluffy

The Dark Servant should be able to take some of those global enhancement pieces... If it made sense you could probably just slot the Servant with an Accuracy IO and use the rest of the slots for mules.

My own recommendations for the secondary lean to this (I have played lots of Dark, but not as a MM since live):

T1 Tar Patch <- take it, 2xRecharge and use it all the time.

T2 Twilight Grasp <- This is the heal for the henches

T3 Darkest Night <- Eventually you want it, but it can be delayed. It needs no slots

T4 Howling Twilight <- I love spamming this, but on MMs I'd probably skip it.

T5 Shadow Fall <- A must take. This is your best power for protecting the henches.

T6 Fearsome Stare <- A more reliable control attack than Howling Twilight

T7 Petrifying Gaze <- I'm not a fan of late choice single-target Holds. If you take this, slot it for Accuracy, Recharge and Hold. Don't fool yourself into thinking of it as a source of %proc damage for a MM.

T8 Black Hole <- I'd skip this

T9 Dark Servant <- take it. It's good to have a pet (not a henchman) that will also try to spam heals.

I'd recommend leveraging the Leadership pool as well.

• Like 1