Map Icons Deselect After 1-2 Seconds.

JustynThyme

Server: Indomitable
Issue: Selected map icons deselect after 1-2 seconds.
It doesn't matter which UI you use to make the selection (map, contacts, or mission), the icon deselects after 1-2 seconds. Thumbtacks are also affected. The only workaround I've found is with missions. If you are quick enough, you can select it in the mission UI and quickly click on the Select Task button. Once the mission icon turns red, it will deselect after 1-2 seconds, but reselect itself a second later, repeating that deselect/reselect pattern until you deselect it as the set task.

I noticed this first with a Super Reflexes/Martial Arts Tech Tanker (Hero) named Windup, on Saturday, 10 Feb, 2024, starting at level 14 and continuing until I logged him off shortly after leveling to 18. I was teamed with three other characters, played by members of my family. We all had this issue on every Paragon City map we played on (mostly Steel Canyon). I checked this character today, and he isn't experiencing this issue anymore.

Later that day (10 Feb), I logged in my Praetorian Robotics/Force Field Tech Mastermind (Resistance), Windup MK II. I experienced this issue immediately when I tried to select a map icon. He was in Neutropolis. I then revisited the other two Praetorian city zones where I had not previously had this issue, Nova Praetoria and Imperial City, to see if it was happening there. It was. (Currently, Windup MK II is in First Ward.)

At first I thought that maybe similar names and an identical costume might be an issue, but I have two other characters with similar names and identical costumes (Joanna Fakename and Stacy Fakename) that aren't having this issue. (I have two other characters with identical costumes, too, but with color variances.) I have a total of ten characters  on Indomitable, and on no other server. Windup experienced it temporarily, and no other characters besides MK II are experiencing or have experienced this issue.

Things I want to try (because old in-house MMO QA drives are engaging):

- Renaming (because, why not?)

- Costume change (same reason)

- Server transfer to see if the issue follows.

- Transferring back to see if it changes anything.

- If the transfers don't work, does transferring to the beta server work? (Maybe the newest build already fixed whatever problem it is?)

I want to wait to try any of this until whomever is doing QA has the opportunity to copy my character data, because if I solve my issue before then, how can this issue be investigated to find the cause? I'll hold off, for now. I'm also available to help try things, if needed.

I transferred the affected character to another server and the problem persisted. I transferred him back. At this point, I'm fairly certain the character is somehow corrupted. I renamed him to Defective Windup (tested to see if that fixed the issue, not expecting it to at this point) and will keep him for awhile. Not sure how long, but at least until I27-P7 drops. I'm not going to test changing his costume. I can't imagine how that would make a difference.