Hero/Villain Purist Badger vs. Hybrid Badger

BonBonVivant

My original plan was to have two badge characters--one blueside and one redside. However, I wound up falling in love with a vigilante character, and I've run several Strike Forces with her, leaving me with a pretty good starting list for redside badges. So, my question is this: Is it better to split up the badges and have characters who specialize on either blue or red badges, or should I have my current hero badger eventually go vigilante and collect up the villain badges in addition to the hero badges?

I used to have a hero badge character and villain badge character back in the day, and committed to it once side switching became possible (that said, I still went for all the badges from both sides on both of them and yes it was insane).  I probably won't have my villain collect everything from both sides this time though, because I don't have that kind of time anymore.  Really it's a matter of what works for you: Does it break character too much to have all the badges from the other side?  Is finding the time to get multiple characters to 50 difficult?

I had a one badge character on each server where I was reasonably active - two heroes, one villain and one praetorian.  I've remade all of those characters but I'm only going all-out for badges on one of them this time.  Sticking to accolades and thematic-appropriate badge titles for the others

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781