The Court's Coalition is recruiting!

NYG

The Higher Court - The Lower Court - The Astral Court

The Court's Coalition is comprised of three Super Groups (The Higher Court, The Lower Court, The Astral Court) of both veteran and new players to City of Heroes Homecoming on the Torchbearer server. We are currently recruiting all levels and AT's for both the The Lower Court and The Astral Court. We have a variety of players who enjoy conducting Task Forces, Trials, Farms, just about everything the game offers. Because we have three groups, there are greater opportunities to get involved in team content. Our bases are fully functional with teleportation to all available zones, storage, vendors, crafting stations, etc. We also offer our own private Discord server for members of our coalition (optional). We are looking for friendly players who both enjoy helping and learning the game and passing on their knowledge to others to make our CoH community on Torchbearer THE place to be. If you are looking for a "home", come and join us. We always keep a fire lit for our heroes and vigilantes!

If interested in joining, please contact me via Direct Message with your AT's name or any member of one of our Super Groups in the coalition in-game. We look forward to having you as part of the team!

~ Freedom Sparks, member of The Lower Court (in-game global: @NYG)

AdvertiseCourts3.PNG

• Like 3

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

image.png.a20afca0432b6540ac7278b2485be0e3.png

Posted (edited)

Workinprogress(1).thumb.png.f8d9acb6efdc8054d4a4536b7137d97a.png

On this date, I sat down with a member of the Court's Coalition, Goblin Sorcerer n8, a level 50 Defender who is in The Lower Court supergroup in Paragon City. What is unique to this hero, or maybe I should call him an anti-hero, is he claims to be a Goblin from another dimension. The power that emanates from this hero is truly impressive. He was quite an interesting being who was both serious and a bit quirky. One thing was certain to me, this Goblin means business when it comes to keeping us safe. I am pretty sure. You decide. 

Q: Can you tell us a little about your superhero?
Goblin Sorcerer n8: Hero? I am a Goblin! We come from another dimension. It has much more magic. The Horde needs victim... er, ah... to expand, due the world's surface is toxic waste land.

Q: How long have you defended Paragon City? 
Goblin Sorcerer n8: I'm part of a scout party. Well, the "hoomans" (humans) here are "K" (okay) and if they stay "K" I do good job to keep them as functional as possible.

Q: What was the most difficult battle you faced to date? 
Goblin Sorcerer n8: Not stealing everything not nailed down or magically barring me from borrowing it. Oh, and 2 Star LGTF (Lady Gray Task Force)!

Q: Who is the player behind the hero?
Goblin Sorcerer n8: The Idiot behind the keyboard? N8pr0X, an Old & Grumpy fart, is best described as a PST player. I come from MMOrpg's Darkage of Camelot, Eden, a bit of Turtle WoW, then Multi-universe Dimension, or Mud (ShadowMUD), a text-based game.

Q: Are you what is sometimes called an "altaholic" or do you favor sticking to your main hero?
Goblin Sorcerer n8: HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THAT! JUST HOW DARE YOU!! Yes, I am.  Since April 23, I've had up to 4 pages of toons, which I clean up.

Q: I am going to give you a word. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see it? The word is: Corruption.
Goblin Sorcerer n8: Just a word. The actions of someone as "evil" or less morally bent, compared to the most righteous Golden hero...actions for the betterment of everything living or Ware AI, or Object. Even the Goblin Horde that wants to invade and take everything from you. Knows it is better to tolerate & cooperate. Even if it goes against Our normally Savage Nature. Greed is Good, to some degree.

Q: For other heroes out there looking to join a supergroup, what makes your group or coalition a good choice to join? 
Goblin Sorcerer n8: They let a Goblin in, they'll let you in 'cause the justice the world needs now, requires us to work as one.

Edited by NYG
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

Today I met with Torchbearer server's most famous one-liner, #BOOP, Rose Acantha, a level 50 Fortunata, and one of the leaders of The Court's Coalition who is a member of The Higher Court supergroup here in Paragon City. When the call goes out and the heroes of Paragon City are notified of the BOOP, they know it is time to suit up and make it happen! Let's get to know a little more about this feisty and ferocious cape who was willing to answer most of our questions...all of them if you include THE Boop!

Q: What is the story behind Rose?
Rose Acantha: Rose was an attempt to make a "Rose Thorns" character since I thought the Widow claws looked a bit like the thorns on a plant, only to quickly realize two things: One, the animation looked like I had a really long finger that spontaneously appeared, and it looked like I was just "Booping" the enemies with it. Two, I liked Fortunata more so the entire purpose of naming her that now makes no dang sense.

Q: How long have you been among City of Heroes?

Rose Acantha: I started playing during issue 6-ish, if memory serves. I don't exactly know how long it has been, but I started a long time ago when I was super young.

Q: What was the most difficult battle you faced to date?

Rose Acantha: The battle of responsibly managing my time. The game distracts me from my IRL responsibilities too much, and it becomes an issue.

Q: Who is the player behind the hero?

Rose Acantha: BOOP 

Q: Are you an "altaholic" too?

Rose Acantha: I make alts for specific reasons. I have alts, and play them, but I personally like to think of myself as a theory crafter. Making builds do specific things is one of the things I find interesting about this game, and that's mainly why people come to me for build advice in the first place. So no, I'm neither I think. Moreso just someone who makes builds and sees them through. I don't just make characters for the sake of doing it. I'd go into examples but that would take up a whole essay! ::laughs::

Q: I am going to give you a word. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear it? The word is: Law.

Rose Acantha: BOOP

Q: For other heroes out there looking to join a supergroup, what makes your group or coalition a good choice to join?

Rose Acantha: We are pretty laid back all things considered and like to help each other out. We have most of what people need. Good build advice, experienced players, a Discord if you want to chat, a good base, and we like to run things from Farms to Trials to Aeons to Task Forces. Torchbearer has always been a laid back and chill server, and I think we do a pretty good job maintaining the chill attitude...Also, BOOP

A1RoseAcanthasg1.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

Posted (edited)

This past week, I had the opportunity to speak with one scorching hero from Paragon City. Meet Red Rayn, one of the The Court's Coalition's "farmers". Red Rayn is with The Lower Court supergroup. When heroes are need of a boost to further their training and reach the zenith of their powers, this is one of the scorching heroes they turn to!

Q:  Can you tell us a little about your superhero. 

Red Rayn: Red Rayn was my attempt to create a non-traditional fire farmer build. The idea is that she is a product of genetic engineering using a mix of mystical and scientific means. While she was meant to be an agent of chaos and destruction, she has found that she actually has a fondness for Paragon City and its people and has since rebelled against her masters.

Q: How long have you defended Paragon City?

Red Rayn: I have been here on off since the servers first opened on the original game...it's been a very long time. 

Red Rayn: Honestly, running a +4/8 fire farm solo. I steered away from any guides while making this hero, and getting the build tweaked just right to find that magic combination of damage and survivability was a bit of a process, with a ton of trial and error.

Q: Who is the player behind the hero? (optional if you want to share anything about your background, experience playing, age, general location, etc.)

Red Rayn: I am a career firefighter/paramedic for a major city, a husband and a father, and a lifelong gamer (tabletop, video games, etc.).

Q: Are you what is sometimes called an "altaholic" or do you favor sticking to your main hero? How many alt-heroes do you have?

Red Rayn: I have a ton of alts, but I am generally between Red Rayn and Bubble Bot. Usually when I log on, I am running fire farms trying to help out guild members with leveling and influence farming.

Q: I am going to give you a word. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see it? The word is: FREEDOM.

Red Rayn: I could be here all day with my views on the exact nature of freedom, and if we are truly free in this world...

Q: For other heroes out there looking to join a supergroup, what makes your group or coalition a good choice to join?

Red Rayn: They are a good group of welcoming people from all walks of life. 'Nuff said.

A11RedRayna111.PNG

Edited by NYG
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

Meet the hero with the Midas Touch! His name is Goldenguard, the mighty tanker with The Court's Coalition in The Higher Court supergroup. Let's see what we can learn about this mighty hero.

Q: Can you tell us a little about your superhero.

Goldenguard: Back on live, my first toon was the Gold Guardsman. He was my first overall toon and my first to level 50. Also, I was on dial up back then so I basically had to solo him for the vast majority of his journey as my connection couldn’t handle teams. LOL! I really took that hero to heart and stuck it out with him until I finally got high speed internet. I’ve only learned of Homecoming a couple months ago so of course; he was the first toon I made but the name was no longer available, so Goldenguard was born!

Commentary: How many folks have experienced the dilemma of their preferred name being available?! It was much harder back in the day.

Goldenguard: I started patrolling Paragon City back when it first appeared on the world wide web!! (I’m getting old! LOL)

Commentary: Another returning hero!

Goldenguard: It was back on live, and I was on a Task Force. However, I can’t remember the specific one. But we were having a time with one part of it and slowly but steadily, team members started dropping out. I’m not one for quitting so I stuck with the remaining members as long as they wanted to try. But it was finally decided that it wasn’t meant to be, and we had to abandon it. It was several hours that we tried it, and I was disappointed that we had to leave it, but such is the way of things.

Commentary: No one likes wasting their time, but sometimes the numbers get stacked against you and the best thing you can do is decide not to waste any more time! It certainly does not help morale when your team starts dropping.

Goldenguard: I will be turning 49 this year and I am from and still do live in North Carolina. I’m a tanker at heart and love to jump in the middle and take a beating so others won’t have to!

Commentary: This interviewer always loves seeing tanks in action keeping the heat off their teammates! 

Q: Are you what is sometimes called an "altaholic" or do you favor sticking to your main hero?

Goldenguard: Back on live I must admit, I became quite the "altaholic"! I am trying to stay more focused this time around but at the same time, that is a huge part of the fun and appeal of City of Heroes!! I Love making characters!!!

Commentary: I have to agree. Despite its age, City of Heroes still has one of the best character-creators in the business! Add to that all the various power set options, one could lose hourse of their day just creating new heroes (and/or villains).

Q: I am going to give you a word. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see it? The word is: Power.

Goldenguard: At my age, I just want the POWER to stay on during storms and in the winter! LOL

Commentary: That power keeps us all gaming! Take THAT Mother Nature!!

Goldenguard: This coalition is one of the friendliest and most helpful group of folks I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with! They welcomed me in with open arms and are always ready to help others out.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

Posted (edited)

Hello good people of Paragon City! I am here with yet another interview of our city's finest! Meet ZeroRestraint, one of the leaders of The Court's Coalition. ZeroRestraint is a member of The Astral Court and is one potent tank! Let's see delve into this mighty juggernaut today.

ZeroRestraint: I don't think I defend the city.  I just walk around, and people tickle me with those bull~eats (bullets) and I high five them to sleep.  I even get this in~flu~ants (influence) for doing it.  I don't know what this in~flu~ants are but I can buy food with it, so I keep doing it.  But it all started a few months ago when I woke up.
Commentary: Earlier before going on the record, ZeroRestrain shared with me that he I don't know where he came from.  He said when he awoke, he was in what he described as "a green tube thing" that he punched his way out and these people were using these firearms shooting at him! He laughed some telling me that, "It tickled a bit."  Amazingly, he added that he thought they were nice people, so I tried to high-five their faces, knocking them unconscious. He recalled that they were so happy to get his high-fives, that they went to sleep right away.  As if being taken by nostalgia, he added, "I miss those guys."

ZeroRestraint: I have made many friends, not sure what battles you mean.  I like to go high five the doge people and their robots.  Oh, and I love the people that wear the bedsheets and try to tickle me with their metal sticks.  Oh, yah and can't forget the space lizard things.  Thier bull~eats make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Commentary: Listening to this giant smashing machine, he seems much like a friendly giant sometimes unaware of his awesome strength. Good thing he is on our side!

ZeroRestraint: I don't know anything about a player.  I do hear people talk about this disk~cord (Discord) that has a voice.  I think you can find more out about them there, but I can't find this player or this disk~cord.

Commentary: This interviewer respects the right to privacy!

Q: Are you what is sometimes called an "altaholic" or do you favor sticking to your main hero? How many alt-heroes do you have?
ZeroRestraint: I don't know what this altaholic thing is.  I do know there are other Zeros out there.  I never seem to be able to find them, but if I do, I wanna give them a good strong high five!
Commentary: I can confirm there are several other "Zero's" running around our grand city. All of them appear to be protecting us. What their connection is to our giant friend here has still yet to be determined.

Q: I am going to give you a word. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see it? The word is: Strength.

ZeroRestraint: Wait, I get the word Strength now?  It is all mine?  You gave it to me.  I am gonna keep it...

Commentary: We had a very long conversation about this. I am not so sure I was able to convince him that the word did not belong to him. Frankly, I had to give up when he wanted to give me a high-five! Barely avoided it, actually!

ZeroRestraint: I do get to wander around with a group of people from Higher Court, Lower Court and even my Astral Court.  They let me come and give all the high fives to all the fun people out there.  They do a lot of farming, but I have not seen any cows when we do it.  Just people to give high fives to.  Also they let me pet those doge people with the robots.  They even introduced me to the bedsheet people too.  I would love to give them all high fives, but for some reason I can't.  Maybe one day...
Commentary: I attempted to get some clarication about these "doge people" and "bedsheet people" but ZeroRestraint was summoned by his supergroup for an emergency in Founder's Falls. I hope whoever runs into him has a good medical coverage...they are going to need it. 

A1111ZeroRrestraint2.png

Edited by NYG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

Posted (edited)

Good day, citizens of Paragon City. Today we showcase another one of our fine heroes. I introduce to you, Mental Burn, of The Higher Court supergroup in The Court's Coalition! Wherever we find this hero, there is a noticeable absence of crime. Sources say that this hero is particularly adept at scaring the scariest among us when they are up to no good. Perhaps it has something to do with his background...Let's get to know this hero a little better.

Q: Can you tell us a little about your superhero.
Mental Burn: Mental Burn is a former member of the Powers Division from Praetoria. He ended up being convinced to leave and now works as a hero in Paragon city. He actually came from a conversation I had with someone about soloing all of the Praetoria content, since I had never done it on live.

Commentary: For those unaware, Praetoria is a utopian society under the rule of Emperor Cole, aka: Tyrant. It is a mirror-universe where its heroes are the opposite of ours; they are twisted and evil and rule the populace. Wonderfully modern architecture and scientific advancements hide the terror that the governs their world. 

Mental Burn: I started playing the game back during issue 13 or 14 I believe, but that was short lived. I came back around the time of Going Rogue on a new account and played until shutdown. Now here I am in Homecoming, enjoying what I consider the coolest MMO anyone ever made.

Commentary: Like so many of us, we are really grateful to have our beloved City of Heroes back with us! 

Mental Burn: Probably a tossup between the Hero1 fight during the old incarnate unlock mission chain, and the fights with Sister Serene in Night ward. I had to call Rose for help against Hero 1, so it probably goes to that one.

Commentary: Hero 1 is a tragic story of one of our mightiest heroes comparable to Statesman. He was England's foremost superhero and a member of The Dawn Patrol. Also, a member of Vanguard, he led a team of 50 heroes and villains, called the Omega Team, on a mission to the Rikti home world to save our planet. We believed he met his demise on that mission, which was a success. It was not until later it was discovered that Hero 1 was transformed by his captives into a servant for them, called The Honoree. That is one fight that hurts both physically and emotionally!

Mental Burn: I'm just a window washer who always dreamed of being a superhero when I was younger.

Commentary: ...and dreams can and do come true!

Q: Are you what is sometimes called an "altaholic" or do you favor sticking to your main hero?

Mental Burn: ::shakes nervously:: Altaholic? What's that? I have no idea what you're talking about. In all seriousness though, I definitely was on Live to the point where my first 50 didn't happen until the shutdown was announced. If not for the group I played with, I probably wouldn't have ever gotten one. A bit less so now, I've only got 4 pages of alts on Homecoming, including 12 alternate universe versions of Mental Burn.

Commentary: Defintiely something many of us suffer from due to the various power set combinations and huge variety of customization to our ATs (arch-types). I cannot help but wonder if there is anyone, outside of a first-time player, who only has and stuck with one AT!

Q: If you had the chance to be a real-life superhero, what powers would you like to have?

Mental Burn: That's a question I've had many conversations on. I eventually landed on the ability to teleport myself, objects, or others. Burning building? I don't even have to go in to rescue people. Hostage situation? Not without hostages. It just feels like I could do the most good for the most people with that.

Commentary: The ability to teleport opens so many doors...literally! To use such a power for such noble causes is truly heroic!

Mental Burn: Honestly, we have good leadership. We have a lot of knowledgeable people who can help with just about anything. Joining this coalition helped me reacclimate to a game I hadn't played in around a decade, and I've been having a ton of fun with y'all ever since.

Commentary: Good folks. Good knowledge. Good company. Sounds like the perfect place to enjoy an MMO!!!

A11MentalBurm0011.PNG

Edited by NYG
  • Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

• 2 weeks later

Just a note - all our members in the SG coalition have invite available. Just reach out to us in LFG or broadcast for an invite! 🙂

We ran this week's WST as our event last night (TinPex). Had a blast! Earned badges!! Learned to hate the color purple!!! LOL (If you fought Battle Maiden, you know what that means!).

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

• 2 weeks later

The Higher Court is full once again. The Lower Court is reaching maximum capacity. Still, plenty of room in The Astral Court. 

YES, we are still recruiting! 

This week we ran the WST (Synapse), ITF, and did a Badge Hunting event to earn the Portal Jockey Accolade!

Some of our farmers started up their runs again too.

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

From time to time, I will post some pics of our events. Here is a run from earlier this morning: MoML TF (Master of Ms Liberty Task Force) w/ the badges earned by the team! Great job by both coalition members and friends of! 🙂

image.png

image.png

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server