Staff Fighting Super Reflexes build help

Dyzak

Hello everyone! I am a returning player from the retail days. Sooo much has changed for the better! I have a lvl 43 SF/SR brute that feels kind of squishy. I may have made some mistakes. I am having a heck of a time finding a guide for this build. This is what I have planned to 50. Can anyone offer advice or point me in the right direction to find a good build? Also, what enhancement sets should I be targeting?

King Bishop - Brute (Staff Fighting - Super Reflexes).mbd

The reason you feel squishy is that you skipped Evasion (the AoE defense toggle). This is a must take. On the other hand, Elude is skippable since you should be able to hit the soft caps without it. Other comments:

• Skip Mercurial Blow. You don't need both T1 attacks.
  • Don't slot more than 3 of any enhancement type in a power. The 4th defense IO in Focused Fighting and the 4th damage IO in Eye of the Storm is wasted.
  • Practiced Brawler doesn't need end reduction and doesn't need more than 2 recharge IOs.
  • Slot Guarded Spin for damage, not defense. Once your build is fully slotted, the defense buff it provides will be redundant.
  • Move 1 defense IO from Dodge to Lucky.
  • Focused Accuracy, Tough and Weave need end reduction. 
  • You've got another 7 slots to place.

Once you slot IO sets instead of common IOs, set bonuses will allow you to soft cap your defenses to all positional vectors. In particular, the Steadfast Protection +def unique and the Gladiator's Armor +def unique (both slotted in Tough) will provide 3% def (all) each. 

I've attached the build for my SR/Staff tank. Not 100% comparable since tanks get higher values and the ATOs are different, but should give you some ideas.

Uunstable - Tanker (Super Reflexes).mbd