AE Custom Critter weirdness

I spend a lot of time in the Mission Architect, and wound up noticing a couple strange bugs:

- sometimes, when I enter the Register tab on a critter, I find that some of the critter's colors (typically skin or pants) have suddenly changed without my input, forcing me to go back and fix them

- enemies using the new Arsenal Assault/Control powersets always revert to default unholstered rifles whenever I load them, no matter what weapon skins I set for them; seems to be related to the costume creator's own oddly persistent issue of refusing to load weapon customizations

- speaking of weapons, creating a critter with two different weapon-based powersets (e.g. Beam Rifle/Battle Axe) frequently results in one of those weapons either not showing at all or, again, showing as the respective default model

• Developer
On 4/9/2024 at 2:29 AM, Vic Raiden said:

- speaking of weapons, creating a critter with two different weapon-based powersets (e.g. Beam Rifle/Battle Axe) frequently results in one of those weapons either not showing at all or, again, showing as the respective default model

Can you provide specific examples of weapons powersets that are able to be selected as primary/secondary when they shouldn't? Are you achieving this state creating the critter in AE normally or going into the critter file and manually adding powers using the inline feature?

As stated above, using Beam Rifle as a primary lets me equip nearly any other weapon-based powerset as a secondary.

I think I also somehow got Dual Pistols/Titan Weapon to work. All without meddling with the files.image.thumb.png.857149e08d922c1c7cb3aef9f25319ad.pngimage-2.thumb.png.0e14ae875fe28597e3540e453fdcfa03.png

...that said, I did find out that holstered weapons turning invisible is kind of normal both for AE critters and player characters, but it still doesn't really excuse weapons sometimes being forcibly reverted to their respective default models.