Energy / Nature, Build Critique and/or Help

Hello!

I was wondering how this build looks, again kinda new, but I did get some advice in the blaster forums, however I just wanted to see what some of you more adept folks though!

Power Burst also has an alternate of all Thunderstrike in it too.

Thank you so much for your help.

Boom Flower (Energy Blast - Nature Affinity).mbd

Edited by Spellbook-Everlasting

• Don't skip Sniper Blast. Highest DPA in the set.
  • Don't skip Wild Bastion. One of Nature's signature powers and worth 6-slotting. I would drop Lifegiving Spores for it.
  • Split Superior Scourging Blast with 3 pieces in 2 powers to double up on the recharge bonus.
  • The slotting in Power Burst is just silly. Thunderstrike or Devastation would be much better.
  • Slotting of Wild Growth is off. You want to max the resistance and recharge, not the end reduction. Worth 6-slotting.
  • In Weave, drop the end/rech piece.
  • While the set bonuses are nice, the slotting of Entangling Aura isn't efficient. The power doesn't require accuracy or recharge. Just slot 2 or 3 end/hold IOs.
  • You want to maximize the recharge of Overgrowth. The %BU proc is wasted here. I usually slot 2x 50+5 recharge IOs.
  • Don't skip Soul Drain. You already skipped Aim and you'll want to use this before Nova.
  • Not sure why you're taking Power Boost. The only powers it benefits are Regrowth and Wild Bastion.
  • Maneuvers doesn't need more than 3 slots. Frankly, you don't really need it at all.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

9 minutes ago, Uun said:
  • Don't skip Wild Bastion. One of Nature's signature powers and worth 6-slotting. I would drop Lifegiving Spores for it.
  • Split Superior Scourging Blast with 3 pieces in 2 powers to double up on the recharge bonus.
  • The slotting in Power Burst is just silly. Thunderstrike or Devastation would be much better.
  • Slotting of Wild Growth is off. You want to max the resistance and recharge, not the end reduction. Worth 6-slotting.
  • While the set bonuses are nice, the slotting of Entangling Aura isn't efficient. The power doesn't require accuracy or recharge. Just slot 2 or 3 end/hold IOs.
  • You want to maximize the recharge of Overgrowth. The %BU proc is wasted here. I usually slot 2x 50+5 recharge IOs.
  • Don't skip Soul Drain. You already skipped Aim and you'll want to use this before Nova.
  • Not sure why you're taking Power Boost. The only powers it benefits are Regrowth and Wild Bastion.
  • Maneuvers doesn't need more than 3 slots. Frankly, you don't really need it at all.

Thank you! I'm just a bit confused when it comes to the calculations, so while I try hard, I don't seem to do very well at this.

I appreciate your feed back, thank you so much! I'll rework the build.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Uun said:

So, I started from scratch with your advice.  Took AIM as well.

Is this any more improved?  It doesn't look like it, it actually looks worse.  How am I so trash at this, lol.

Boom Flower 2.0 (Energy Blast - Nature Affinity).mbd

Edited by Spellbook-Everlasting

2 hours ago, Spellbook-Everlasting said:

So, I started from scratch with your advice.  Took AIM as well.

Is this any more improved?  It doesn't look like it, it actually looks worse.  How am I so trash at this, lol.

This is much improved. 

• In Wild Growth, switch the Steadfast kb protection for Unbreakable Guard +hp. You don't need 11 points of kb protection. 
  • In Soul Drain, switch the Gaussian's set for a Melee AoE Damage set like Obliteration. Soul Drain does decent damage.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller