Thoughts upon Twilight…

Posted (edited)

… Grasp that is.

I never fully appreciated the Theft of Essence + end proc before tonight. 
If you have it slotted in TG, and you have TG slotted for endred… just make it part of your ST chain and it’s a fountain of healing all around you AND end for you. 🙂
Seriously. It’s a 10% end 3.5 ppm in a single target power, it procs pretty well. And if you add it into a 2 attack st (to make it three) chain it can surprisingly effectively refill your end bar while keeping you and your pets in good shape. I’m using it with just 2 slots (ToE +end and a 50+5 Heal/End. Amazingly effective.

I think I’m going to have to redo the build to move a 5 pack of Panacea + the Theft of Essence +end proc in and see how broken it is. I expect the answer on an Arsenal/Dark build is, a lot broken. Tricannon is a tank, Dark servant is a -ToHit wizard with another Twilight Grasp, and Fortunata benefits from a lot of healing.

I have a 5 pack Panacea + a 50+5 Endmod in Soul Absorption now. Will shift that 5 pack to TG and see if I can squeeze blood from a stone do do something else effective with SA.  
I have 2 slots in TG now, so if I had 2 more I could do a 3 pack of Nictus plus the 50+5 Endmod in SA.

I know where I can pull at least one slot. So I only need one more…

Actually, just adding another 50+5 Heal/End might work really well too without affecting the proc rate by adding +rech. And I know where that one slot can come from… 

Anyway, I thought I’d share the thought process in case it helps anyone else! 🙂

Edited by Argentae
Thought about just doing another 50+5 Heal/End
  • Like 1

Don't know if you're running Tactics or have a bunch of accuracy set bonuses, but Twilight Grasp requires accuracy. It does have a 20% accuracy bonus, but it requires a bit more to hit against +3s and +4s. I typically 4-6 slot an Accurate Healing set rather than a Healing set (like Panacea). Theft of Essence isn't a bad set, but it caps at lvl 30 so the enhancement values are lower. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Quite a bit of set based acc bonuses (+63 global Acc) and after a Soul Drain hit I'm flush with +ToHit for 30 sec, on a ~65 sec recharge (so slightly less than 1/2 the time). I took out the Kismet +ToHit from Shadow Fall, swapped it for the LotG +Def and haven't missed it too much. Could swap out one of the Neg energy procs in Tg for the Siphon Insight +16 ToHit if needed...

I'm soloing +4 X8 pretty effectively without any acc slotted in Tranq, Cryo or TG. Granted I’m most of the way through Incarnate, Alpha (Intuition Radial Paragon Tier 4), Interface (-ToHit , Dimagnetic?, Tier 3) and Destiny (Clarion Tier 4).

Overnight I was toying with the idea of 5 slotting TG with ToE +End, two 50 +5 Heal/End (Doctored Wounds and Numina IIRC), and the two neg energy procs (Nictus and Cloud senses). Would have to pull the two extra slots from Tranq and Cryo though, so it's just shifting a couple proc slots from one part of the ST chain to another. 

I've included the build I'm playing around with below. All sets are in place as shown in the build except live still has a 6th slot with another proc in Dark Oblit, Tranq has a 5th slot with the Sandman heal proc, and Cryo has a 6th slot with another dmg proc.

Originally I was going to put a full 6 pack of Sup Frozen Blast in Dark Oblit for the AOE +Def. 
But I threw a 5 pack of Posi Blast + Bombardment Fire proc in while I waited on the market (6 Sup Frozen Blast are expensive). I really like the way it's playing now. Not sure I need the extra +Def in AOE, Fire, and Cold.

Dark Crystal post 50 High Def Controller (Arsenal Control - Darkness Affinity).mbd

Edited by Argentae
Typo and clarifying Incarnate status.

I think I may want to sit down and figure out a macro that switches on a TG auto-fire when I want it, while leaving Hasten as the system autofire slot.

The impact of constant TG heals that help refill the end bar is amazing. I'm being very economical on recovery procs on this build as the slots are so tight, and Soul Absorption slotted with 5 Panacea and 1 50+5 Endmod is Very effective. If I get even one or two hits on SA I'm generally good on end... Until I walk into a room where almost everything fails to leave a body behind when it dies. 😛
Fortunata and Fluffy got a LOT more durable with constant waves of healing, as would be expected, and TriCannon became almost unkillable. 

The other thing I did to scrape slots was drop my Darkest night from 4 Dark Watcher + a 50 +5 Range, to two 2 50 +5 ToHit Debuff/End and a 50+5 Range. The +Range makes a huge difference, and Intuition Radial Paragon gives me more range and ToHit debuff.

I think I’m probably going to do a chronicle on this build.

It’s pretty dang good. Probably the second strongest Controller build to date for general soloing. I probably need to reoutfit Dio (Plant/Dark) and see how he compares head to head. Pretty sure Dio will still win, but Dark Crystal (Arsenal/Dark) is potentially number 2.

Did the Glacia arc solo at +4 x8, and it wasn’t too bad when I was just Alpha slot incarnate.

Did the first Maria Jenkins mission (Infernal) at +4 x8 with AV and succeeded first time through. Granted I used Lore pet and called in a favor to have Brawler help out. But Infernal was +4. And it just took some time. Lore pet didn’t last the whole time, but if I resorted Howling Twilight to focus on Rech instead of being a proc bomb I can have it up a fair amount more which would help. Might just add a couple 50+5 Rech, or possibly a couple of 50+5 Stun/Rech if they exist. May look at dropping Absolute Amazement purple set in with an extra +Rech.

My global +Rech is currently +180  so

looks like 48 sec Rech with full Rech slotting. 
52 sec with 66% Rech slotted

54 sec at 53% (1 50+5 Rech IO)

64 sec at zero Rech slotting where I am now with it full of damage procs.

Spamming Twilight Grasp helps too. I did not use any poison daggers temp power.