Build Help: Archery / Trick Arrow

Phrehya

Posted (edited)

Can someone assist me with this build concept? I am still new to the game: I played on Live but not for long and not very well - I'm still in my "getting back" phase and hoping to enter the "getting good" phase soon. The pool picks that I have in mind are (primarily): hover, stealth, combat teleport, and teleport. I want to use this character for teaming / soloing (75 / 25), and I intend to run all levels of content with it. I am currently level 42 and capable of soloing radio missions (at 0/1... I know...) - damage numbers are "good" - but I'm just left wondering if there's more juice to be squeezed here.

Typically I would take Hover/Fly - this time I want to be able to hover but also reposition with Combat Teleport and travel with Teleport. I already have binds set up for those, and I'm enjoying the change with this character. Overall, I am currently enjoying many facets of this character.

I have one 50 and I'm kind of aware of how to fund my characters' growth, but I would like to keep things as cheap as possible while maximizing return on investment. This character is level 42 and I'm looking for guidance on where to go with it from here - respecs included.

My current combat rotation looks something like:

1. Flash Arrow - I open just about every fight with this.
  2. Disruption Arrow (directly below me, usually, so I can get a sniper shot off with Ranged Shot before the mobs are alerted).
  3. Acid Arrow / Ranged Shot (single target to take down, or a runner).
  4. Explosive Arrow
  5. Blazing Arrow / Ice arrow (if anything needs held)
  6. Aimed Shot + Snap Shot
  7. Rotation repeats from various locations depending on length of fight.

I am 100% positive that there are some silly goof-ups in the build I'm going to link. I am also fairly new to Mids (am running it through WINE, some functionality seems broken) and don't fully know my way around the program yet. Please let me know about these mistakes! I approach this kind of task with very little ego and I won't be offended at all by criticisms - have at it! Let's make this a good build, together! Thank you for looking.

Quiverr - 42 - Corruptor (Archery - Trick Arrow).mbd

Edited by Phrehya

You can fire off a lot of you arrows from out of sight around an obstacle. I tend to fire a flash arrow (slotted with hit debuff), duck round a corner and drop glue arrow, oil slick arrow, rain of arrows and then acid arrow (with fire and energy chance damage Proc IOs to ignite the oil slick) 

Below level cap I would probably start a +1 difficulty with team size at 3 and then increase the team size to what I can safely handle. I like combat jumping on squishy characters so I don’t get immobilised.

A force feedback chance for +recharge IO in Explosive Arrow is great for getting powers back up quicker (ghetto hasten)

• Thanks 1

• Drop Snap Shot. 
  • Flash Arrow is autohit in PVE and doesn't require accuracy. Slot with a ToHit Debuff set.
  • Slot Glue Arrow for slow, not end reduction.
  • Drop the %BU from Blazing Arrow. It's a 1 PPM proc and will almost never go off in a power with a 5s recharge.
  • Drop the +stealth IO in Combat Teleport. It will only work for 120s after you use the power. It's far more efficient to slot +stealth in Sprint. 
  • Poison Gas Arrow is autohit in PVE and doesn't require accuracy. There's no reason to enhance the sleep duration either. Put a Call of the Sandman %heal in the base slot and call it a day.
  • Slot Disruption Arrow with 1-2 recharge IOs.
  • Drop Stunning Shot. You already have Ice Arrow and a second ST mezz doesn't do much for you.
  • Slot EMP Arrow with a Hold or End Mod set.
  • Why on earth didn't you take Rain of Arrows and Oil Slick Arrow when they became available at lvl 26/28? These are signature powers and absolute must takes. 

For reference, I'm attaching my current Archery/TA build.

Uunfair - Corruptor (Archery).mxd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

49 minutes ago, Uun said:

Why on earth didn't you take Rain of Arrows and Oil Slick Arrow when they became available at lvl 26/28? These are signature powers and absolute must takes. 

Thank you for the feedback! I'll incorporate your points and get to respec'ing soon!

To answer your question honestly:  I just suck at building toons (for now) because I'm still brand new to it. I am not sure that I even plotted the powers out correctly in Mids - as in I can't be positive that I actually took Stunning Shot at 26 (instead of the now more obvious Rain of Arrows) - or that I took Hover at 28 (instead of the now more obvious Oil Slick Arrow). What I do know is that I think I skipped them because I was intimidated by them or thought that I could always pick them up later in the build and/or I saw or felt a deficiency at the time I was picking powers while playing that lead me to make a rash decision. I have since learned much more about Hover as a defensive power (it's not the worst but far from the best!) as an example.

Additionally, previous to about 2 nights ago, I was running Mids in a Virtual Machine via an unlicensed copy of Windows 10 - this was clunky AF. I run Linux at home, and I was previously unable to get Mids to install via WINE - but I got it working, finally, sort of. Some of the functionality is a little broken. That said, I think in the future what I should do is plan a build ahead of time before even starting a character so that if I need to make a choice quickly I can load the build up or have it in the background already and the choices will already be made - no pressure in the moment to pick something or where to add slots, etc. etc..

People that share knowledge are sharing a form of wealth, and I appreciate it. Thank you again.