The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Help with a couple binds

What I'm trying to accomplish is being in nova form, swapping to human form firing off Hasten/Reform Essence/Essence Boost, then going back into Nova form.

I used this macro

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost"

It changes to human, fires Essence Boost and any other time I press the macro it just give me the recharging error. That'd be great if I wanted to stay in human form....

I swapped the places of toggle off and on, same thing.

New idea, lets swap that tray the macro is in and put the Bright Nova power there and add another macro to go back to Nova form....

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost$$goto_tray_alt 3"

/macro_image "LuminousBlast_BrightNova" "Bright Nova" "powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 7"

Two button presses and it goes all the way through it. Sweet.... wait, it didnt fire off Essence Boost?!?!?

I've been messing with this for almost two hours now, I don't know what I'm missing. I've changed orders of commands, I've removed and then re-added commands... what I posted is the closest I can get to what I want. I even tried the press/release to the toggle on command but nothings doing what I wanted.

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

This is what I came up with. Essence Boost wont fire off at all for some reason but Reform Essence is good, but haste you have to watch for it to activate then you can hit the button a third time to go back to Nova. In the heat of battle haste is gunna be a problem.

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "powexec_name Essence Boost$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 7"

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "powexec_name Essence Boost$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 3"

/macro_image "LuminousAura_ReformEssence" "Reform Essence" "powexec_name Reform Essence$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 7"

/macro_image "LuminousAura_ReformEssence" "Reform Essence" "powexec_name Reform Essence$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 3"

/macro_image "SuperSpeed_AcceleratedCombat" "Hasten" "powexec_name Hasten$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 7"

/macro_image "SuperSpeed_AcceleratedCombat" "Hasten" "powexec_name Hasten$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 3"

Tried this one and you turn human and the powers fire real nice, but it WILL NOT turn you back into Nova. There's an on and an off, why not?

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "goto_tray_alt 7$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost"

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "goto_tray_alt 3$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost"

/macro_image "LuminousAura_ReformEssence" "Reform Essence" "goto_tray_alt 7$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Reform Essence"

/macro_image "LuminousAura_ReformEssence" "Reform Essence" "goto_tray_alt 3$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_name Reform Essence"

/macro_image "SuperSpeed_AcceleratedCombat" "Hasten" "goto_tray_alt 7$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Hasten"

/macro_image "SuperSpeed_AcceleratedCombat" "Hasten" "goto_tray_alt 3$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_name Hasten"

This combination for just Essence Boost works ok-ish but it's a lot like Haste and you have to watch the power activate before you can shift back.

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "goto_tray_alt 7$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost"

/macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "powexec_name Essence Boost$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$goto_tray_alt 3"

But hey, I got this to work.... unless I end up having to use three trays like I do on my Doms...

"powexec_name Energy Flight$$powexec_toggleon Sprint$$traystickyalt2"

it does the popup tray for the flight speed boost like the travel powers function in the rest of the game, while also having the form tray disabled from Pocket D.

If you have one power tray use "traystickyalt" but if you're like me and have two power trays up at all times use "traystickyalt2" and it'll pop up the tertiary tray.

If you show me your power bar hun and where you want the power to be for switching out of nova, using a heal, then switching back into nova I can write up a macro for you ❤️

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

My power trays in Human form. Hes not 50 yet so I'm sure it'll change a bit, but heres how I've got it set up right now. There are no macros in these trays.

TraysHuman.png.7fb668e97dd6eb53b3de73a34e72044a.png

Here's the trays in Nova form. W,E, and R are the current macros and tray 4 is just to keep an eye on recharge of the actual powers.

TraysNova.png.157c92c05c0e9e2dbfe5b1361bde7a61.png

The way that I set the macros right now it switches 7 to 3, which is a new tray of macros with them being in the same spot as 7 is.

Just tried a few different versions and yeah doing it within 1 macro doesn't seem possible, However! We can turn it into a rotating macro if you know how those work? If not it might be simpler to do it the way you are doing now ❤️ 

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

So something like:

$$macroslot 23 macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "bind_load_file C:\Games\binds\EB2.txt$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova"

$$macroslot 23 macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "bind_load_file C:\Games\binds\EB1.txt$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost"

I believe that should take you out of nova in the first press, then replace that button with essence boost and after toggle on nova form 😄 (Might need some adjusting)

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

I've messed with rolling binds and I've done custom binds for over a decade in this game but this is the first time I've heard of Macroslots. Must be a new HC thing. That being the case I may need some elaboration as to what this should do. Yeah, there is an explanation at the end of your post but what's it supposed to be doing behind the curtain?

It doesnt look like you're setting it up to swap trays like I had done in one of my versions, but if that where the case the Toggleon would be in 23 (tray 3 slot 4) and the Toggleoff would be 63(tray 7 slot 4).... granted I decided to move the powers recently, but I didn't mention it so its not on you lol on would be 20 and off would be 60

Not only that, I'm not clear on what commands to put into the files. Educated guess would be copy the command after .txt and put it into those file names, but I'm not really one to guess with things I'm not completely familiar with.... I'd guess that macroslots work like macros but I could also be wrong lol

all that aside, it really bugs me that my first stab at these binds didn't work. I've ran a simple bind string to activate whichever travel power and sprint since the live days of the game, which this is similar to but this one just wont play nice lol

Honestly I wouldn't think it was worth it to mess with rotating binds unless you enjoy when coding doesn't work right (I try my best to avoid it at all costs) and you said how you get the tray swaps working which does the same job ❤️

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

So I need to add the tray swapping to your macroslots?

Well per your last post, I have no idea why there is a txt file command in the string you made then if you didn't want to mess with rolling binds

24 minutes ago, LKN-351 said:

So I need to add the tray swapping to your macroslots?

Well per your last post, I have no idea why there is a txt file command in the string you made then if you didn't want to mess with rolling binds

I suggested the rolling binds in my last post because I thought you were well versed in them ❤️ If you aren't then it's not worth it so stick with the initially binds you were using

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

Posted (edited)

I'm totally confused.

I asked what goes in the txt file that was pointed to in your bind command and you say you didn't want to mess with rolling binds.

1 hour ago, Laucianna said:

you said how you get the tray swaps working which does the same job

The same job as what? Is there something in your command that swaps trays that I'm not seeing? Do I need to add the tray swap commands to the string you wrote?

I'm wondering if it may somehow replace the macro or something along those lines, but if that's the case then I still need to know what command goes into the txt file it points to.

52 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

I suggested the rolling binds in my last post because I thought you were well versed in them

I did say that macroslots is a new command that I hadn't heard of until just today and a rolling bind looks a whole lot different than this. I honestly haven't messed much with macros either until right before I made this post a couple days ago.

I'm just trying to understand what your macroslot commands are supposed to do behind the curtains cause if I just enter the strings you posted into the game its going to create the first one and then over-write the first one with a second macro.

Edited by LKN-351

8 hours ago, Laucianna said:

So something like:

$$macroslot 23 macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "bind_load_file C:\Games\binds\EB2.txt$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova"

$$macroslot 23 macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "bind_load_file C:\Games\binds\EB1.txt$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost"

I believe that should take you out of nova in the first press, then replace that button with essence boost and after toggle on nova form 😄 (Might need some adjusting)

These are the binds you put in there hun, the macroslot command just tells the macro to replace the current macro in slot 23 (That should relate to bar 2 section 3) The actual rotating bind itself looks the same as all others, you have the action you want it to do at the start, then the command to switch to the next bind file 🙂

So first bind (macro press):

Takes you out of nova and replaces the macro with the second one.

Second bind (macro press):

Uses Essence Boost and should queue up bright nova to be toggled after.

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

Ok, now I feel like we're getting somewhere lol

3 hours ago, Laucianna said:

The part you have highlighted in your quote should be to make the macro icon look like Essence Boost. It doesn't for some reason, its a standard grey macro icon with text over the top that I can't think of off hand lol I'm not ingame so I can't look.

The command makes sense, the outcome doesn't for some reason. Not that important but still odd.

I had a stray thought after I posted earlier that maybe /$$macroslot 23 macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "bind_load_file C:\Games\binds\EB1.txt$$powexec_toggleon Bright Nova$$powexec_name Essence Boost"/ goes into EB2.txt

and /$$macroslot 23 macro_image "LuminousAura_EssenceBoost" "Essence Boost" "bind_load_file C:\Games\binds\EB2.txt$$powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova"/ goes into EB1.txt

cause "bind_load_file" has to have a file to load and that's the main part I'm trying to figure out.

I suspect the problem here is that you're trying to perform three things with one key/macro.
(i) Detoggling Nova Form
(ii) Activating Essence Boost (which isn't usable unless you're already dropped out of Nova Form)
(iii) Retoggling Nova Form (this might also require a very brief wait since you've only just detoggled it)

It's possible to perform up to TWO things with a single keybind (one event triggers on holding the key down, the next on releasing the key) but not three.
You could link all three commands to a single bind and repeatedly hammer it, but then (as you've already noted!) the timings might get tricky in the heat of battle.

I suspect that the cleanest way to do this may be to use something like the below rotating Keybinds:

KEYNAME "powexec_toggle_off Bright_Nova$$bindloadfile c:\temp\cohbind2.txt"
KEYNAME "+$$powexec_name essence boost$$bindloadfile c:\temp\cohbind3.txt"
KEYNAME "powexec_toggle_on Bright_Nova$$bindloadfile c:\temp\cohbind1.txt"
[In this case you tap the chosen key twice: The first time whenever you depress the button it detoggles Nova Form, then when you release the button it triggers Essence Boost. The second time you tap the button it retoggles Nova Form. I did a brief test on Brainstorm and seems to work fine as long as you don't utterly machine-gun the button...]

If you're using Macros rather than Keybinds then you'll likely need to tap the key three times (since macros don't differentiate between trigger key states, so you can't use "+$$" at the start of a macro to trigger a command twice with one activation!)

13 hours ago, Laucianna said:

Second bind (macro press):

Uses Essence Boost and should queue up bright nova to be toggled after.

Unfortunately this always just continually attempts to activate Essence Boost, even whenever it's already on cooldown.

You might be able to kludge your way past it via setting Essence Boost to Auto via "powexecauto"; but I get a wicked case of the heebie-jeebies whenever macros start mucking around with my precious big green circle...
image.gif.fe85d3709039242aa40c42bac279f7fc.gif

Edited by Maelwys

7 minutes ago, Maelwys said:

Unfortunately this always just continually attempts to activate Essence Boost, even whenever it's already on cooldown.

You might be able to kludge your way past it via setting Essence Boost to Auto via "powexecauto"; but I get a wicked case of the heebie-jeebies whenever macros start trying to muck around with my big green circle.

Good point! I wonder if adding the essence boost to the toggle off section will fix it, if not just have to make it a 3 file rotating bind instead of 2 ❤️

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

2 hours ago, Maelwys said:

If you're using Macros rather than Keybinds then you'll likely need to tap the key three times (since macros don't differentiate between trigger key states, so you can't use "+$$" at the start of a macro to trigger a command twice with one activation!)

That's something I wasn't aware of. I did actually try to use + in a couple different versions of the macros I was trying at first. I'm not versed in using + generally but I understand how it's supposed to work. I tried to look into that command on the wiki, but it appears to be down at the moment.

Which isn't really that big of an issue, more of an oops lol cause if it's on cooldown then I pressed the wrong button in the first place.

I suspect that the cleanest way to do this may be to use something like the below rotating Keybinds:

KEYNAME "powexec_toggle_off Bright_Nova$$bindloadfile c:\temp\cohbind2.txt"
KEYNAME "+$$powexec_name essence boost$$bindloadfile c:\temp\cohbind3.txt"
KEYNAME "powexec_toggle_on Bright_Nova$$bindloadfile c:\temp\cohbind1.txt"
[In this case you tap the chosen key twice: The first time whenever you depress the button it detoggles Nova Form, then when you release the button it triggers Essence Boost. The second time you tap the button it retoggles Nova Form. I did a brief test on Brainstorm and seems to work fine as long as you don't utterly machine-gun the button...]

Even without the explanation afterwards, that looks wonderful.

I think the main problem i was running into with the macros was timing. It seems like the activation animations are what was causing part of the issue, there's a tiny bit of rooting with the human form powers. If I hit the macro again once the human powers have started playing it'll que up nova and change like I had intended from the get go most of the time.

Did you see that as an issue with the binds as well?

3 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

That's something I wasn't aware of. I did actually try to use + in a couple different versions of the macros I was trying at first. I'm not versed in using + generally but I understand how it's supposed to work. I tried to look into that command on the wiki, but it appears to be down at the moment.

Toggle Binds are a bit involved and I doubt you'll spot it on the Wiki - The Incomplete and Unofficial Guide to Bind is a great resource but doesn't really cover it either beyond a few very brief example mouse movement remapping binds.

It's mentioned in places like this and this though (the first link assumes you need to use a sacrificial command at the start. Currently on Homecoming a simple "+$$" works)

3 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

Even without the explanation afterwards, that looks wonderful.

I think the main problem i was running into with the macros was timing. It seems like the activation animations are what was causing part of the issue, there's a tiny bit of rooting with the human form powers. If I hit the macro again once the human powers have started playing it'll que up nova and change like I had intended from the get go most of the time.

Did you see that as an issue with the binds as well?

Whenever I was checking the binds I posted earlier... the first keypress always dropped out of Nova form and activated Essence Boost. Then as long as I waited for long enough before pressing the key a second time it successfully shifted back into Nova form. Sometimes Nova form wasn't recharged in time and in that case it would queue it up (Nova form became highlighted in red until it was fully recharged; then it activated).
If I "double clicked" the key too quickly then sometimes it would skip the Essence Boost activation and/or the Nova form retoggle; which I assume is due to the game only being able to process a single power activation every Arcanatime tick (0.132 seconds). But I needed to really hammer the key for that to happen.

Edited by Maelwys

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maelwys said:

Whenever I was checking the binds I posted earlier... the first keypress always dropped out of Nova form and activated Essence Boost. Then as long as I waited for long enough before pressing the key a second time it successfully shifted back into Nova form. Sometimes Nova form wasn't recharged in time and in that case it would queue it up (Nova form became highlighted in red until it was fully recharged; then it activated).
If I "double clicked" the key too quickly then sometimes it would skip the Essence Boost activation and/or the Nova form retoggle; which I assume is due to the game only being able to process a single power activation every Arcanatime tick (0.132 seconds). But I needed to really hammer the key for that to happen.

I ran through a TF a couple days ago on this PB and when I got the commands trimmed down and in the right sequence it was working exactly how you describe yours to. My main struggle at first was I didn't take into account the activation animations.

I actually think for this instance I'd prefer the visualization of the macros... cause if you get the timing off on the macros you can see that its off, as opposed to binds where you'd have to take a bit of effort to see that they're at the wrong place in the sequence.

Gunners post in your second link is where I found out about those toggle binds originally. I tried for a couple of weeks after stumbling across that post to see if there was a place in my binds where it might be beneficial to add that command but I didn't find anywhere lol

As always, Maelwys I appreciate your assistance in the situation 🙂

Edited by LKN-351
  • Thumbs Up 1