Please help me decide on a Demons/Dark Mastermind build

I don't really know which stats are the most important in this game right now (a lot of guides are old and may not include updated information) and I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to min/max with all the enhancement options available. I just want to find a build that works and won't make me feel gimped and run with that. So far I've found two, one on this forum by JJDraken and an old one from Mysha. The problem is that I have no idea which one is best or why. Any help would be appreciated. I kind of like the idea of having a whip, but I'm not wedded to the idea if it isn't really that useful. Also, I'm thinking of trying to incorporate group flight so my minions will avoid aggroing monsters and come with me to fight hami and other flying opponents. Is that worth doing? I kind of want an all-rounder that can do any kind of content. For example, right now I'm doing trials, Itrials, hami, and GM. I haven't tried farming very much and I suspect that mm might not be the best at it.

Mastermind - Demon Summoning - Dark Miasma.mxd Mysha Long II - Mastermind (Demon Summoning - Dark Miasma).mbd

Edited by FreakazoidRobot

You'll find quite a few if you look in various Demons/ threads out there. It's a popular combo.

The whip attacks are very much worthwhile. Theft of Essence proc in your heal is also key for sustainability, as MM's have some trouble on that front. This IO gets a proc chance off of every henchman healed, so you can spam it indefinitely and it will not only keep you steady, it will often refill your end.

Here is my own build for reference, which was updated fairly recently. Mine is very focused on adding as much personal damage as possible, and it works really well! /Dark provides plenty of defensive tools to keep everyone afloat - you just have to keep using them proactively.

Demon Dark.mbd

Of the builds you shared, the Mysha build is better. It goes for more personal defense than mine, but mine has much more personal damage. Personally, I find /Dark bridges the gap with all its debuffs just fine, but can understand why others might want a stronger defense baseline. Mine also leverages damage procs in the pets where they are most relevant, which substantially increases their potential. I especially like the Overwhelming KD proc in the T1 on a lot of my MM's. Since it's a flat 20% chance for KD unaffected by recharge, those little demons provide a lot of passive soft control!

The other build is pretty inefficient, and focuses way too much on full set bonuses to no real benefit. It also skips all the personal attacks, which in my opinion is a mistake for Demons, as Whips are some of the best MM attacks around. Many of them are excellent for procs, and they also do -res debuff which enhances your pet damage too. It's also missing two of the global pet enhancing IOs.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1