Squid Sunday Fun :: Best/Worst Damage - up to 10m inf prize!

cephypod

Hi all! Some of you may recognize me, some may not. I'm the Squid Sunday person. Well today I decided to put a little fun on Squid Sunday and ask a simple 2 part question. Valid today/maybe monday because timezones only, 

I'ma even make it rewarding and offer a 15m inf bounty per  to anyone who can either mathematically or video/screenshot prove it.

Restrictions:

1 ) No set bonus shenanigans. Nothing where you can just pump a +damage% or similar into it. If you add bonuses to it to get it, make them just the default craftable invention ones that are specific like +damage but without any set bonuses. This CAN include hami and such ones, so long as there's no extra effects or set bonuses.

2) No RNG. No procs, or crits, or the like. Basically if the race car can't go 0->60 in a consistent time, every time, it doesn't count. The EXCEPTION to this rule is procs you can control to a high degree, like stalker and spider out of stealth attacks, controllers double damage to CCed, or sentinel innate + attack, or a debuff beforetentacle + attack. Basically if it's RNG it's no, but if it requires setup that is predictable and player controlled it's ok.

3) Consquidder an avg foe. Just like asking you to do this for like a psi attack vs robot vs a bashing, smashing attack vs robot. Like the RNG rule, don't cheat by stacking up the advantages in a specific situation. If I can fly up to Mot's face and smack his followers with it vs fly to PI and hit a giant monster with it vs fly to RWZ and hit one of them with it, their resistance comes into play but on avg, it wins.

4) I am on excelsior. I can probably server transfer it to get you your winnings wherever. it just might take some time. Sorry.

Edit: some additional clarity that others helped resolve.
I'm asking for like looking what's the biggest number you can see or the smallest for 1 button press vs 1 strike.

The Challenge: Ok, all that junk out of the way, lets get 2 it. There're 2 parts, so that 15m inf bounty is really 30m inf you can win or split between 2 people. The question is: What is the HIGHEST non-DoT damage attack you can get and from what archetype/powerset, and what is the LOWEST?

♥,
🦑 Squid Sunday 🦑

Edited by cephypod
Updated Clarity

Entry Type: Weakest Attack

Attack Name: Inherent Brawl

AT: Defender

Slotting: 1x Generic Accuracy IO

Target: Rikti Pylon (common ST damage test target, uniform resists to all damage types)

Damage: 5.49 Smashing

V3epDa9.png

This is for level 50 toons, right?

And another thing, for max damage tests, would the Gaussian Proc slotted in Aim or Build Up be valid? It's technically RNG but it's extremely consistent/reliable (fires virtually every time). 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

• Retired Community Rep
Posted (edited)

As heals in this game are classified as a positive damage type...

image.png.bdd0b5dace57e13f30659977dd1569e7.png

...an Empathy Defender with T4 Vigor and Absorb Pain slotted with 6 50+++++ IOs, once confused by a mob, after hitting that mob with Incan, and then hitting Hit Power Boost, and then hitting the mob with Absorb Pain, will deal -4316.6 damage to the enemy. Making it the lowest damaging power you can hit an enemy with.

If using heals when confused doesn't count, then the lowest damaging attack would be a Super Strength Brute using Brawl during the rage crash for +1.46 damage.

If Brawl doesn't count due to RNG (attacks can only have a 95% chance to hit in this game.) Then the lowest damaging attack would be a Super Strength Brute using Laser Beam Eyes during the Rage crash for +2.5 damage.

Edited by Americas Angel

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

well, consquiddering I'm closing my for fun 🦑Squid Sunday fun  🦑 I do believe we've had a winner for the LOWEST damage.

Sadly none for highest.
But lowest, America's Angel would be our winner for our fun for today. The lowest damage would be the +1.46 listed due to that meeting the rules, as technically a heal would be positive HP gained, when we're looking at damage which is the negative. That means, ultimately, I was seeking the closest number to 0. While highest would have been the most negative number meeting the criteria. Additionally, I did say any effects that would be predictable can be used. So the crash after raging would make it predictable. Which 100% meets the spirit of this challenge. Therefore, you're the winner!

Since I RARELY check forums, please contact me in game for the prize. I'm on excelsior, "@Ottohi". An in game email would be best seen. And I'll try to get your 15m inf won to you!