Absolute bestest “Hey everybody, lookit what I can do!” Single power animation/fx in the game

On 6/24/2024 at 6:36 AM, Crysis said:

I will admit that Ki Push coupled with an immediate follow-up from Executioner’s Shot (or Ki > Storm Kick > Executioner’s Shot) is one of the most satisfying -sequences- of animation out there.  Dripping style points.  But I still think Soul Storm looks so much more like a stage act than Ki Push by itself.

Sorry, not sorry…..

Quoting myself here because I just did a KM ITF with my newly-respecc'd DP/Martial blaster.  I finished soooooo many bosses with a Ki Push + Executioners Shot which landed while they were in the air (or flying over the bridge into the chasm below) and it was enough to make me just gawk with a grin on my face.  Again, two powers, not just one which defeats the theme of this thread, but OMG so stylish.  Even more satisfying if you did a Burst of speed to the enemy with Ki Push pre-queued to land once you arrived and THEN one-shotted the remainder of their health while they were still flying backwards.

So, so much fun.

Peacebringers Solar Flare power used to animate to a foot stomp (at least I think it was Solar Flare) but that was an animation bug, and got "fixed" to its intended hand clap animation. I was a very sad old man when that happened. I much preferred the foot stomp to the hand clap, and wish the devs could add in the option to animate either way in character design.