LF Dark/Dark Dom build

Hi all just got back to CoH again. Was working on this Dark/Dark dom and got her to lvl 43. I havent made a mids build yet but im about to and figured to ask in here for some Builds I could use as a guide? Alot of fun skills to use.

On 7/15/2024 at 1:20 AM, Evercent said:

Here's my Triple Dark Dom with Stealth. Plays kind of like a stalker with CC, and Hide+Possess with the Contagious Confusion makes it fun, can turn a whole crowd on each other before even engaging.

Dark-Dark Dominator.mxd 5.38 kB · 4 downloads

I noticed you are over the 6.25% recharge cap with one of your set placements.  You might want to consider swapping up one of those sets for similar bonuses with either a different recharge time bonus or some other set bonus that would be more beneficial.

I would probably replace the stupefy set in heart of darkness with a set of absolute amazement, if the recharge bonus was the most important reason for 5 slotting with Stupefy.

12 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

I noticed you are over the 6.25% recharge cap with one of your set placements.  You might want to consider swapping up one of those sets for similar bonuses with either a different recharge time bonus or some other set bonus that would be more beneficial.

I would probably replace the stupefy set in heart of darkness with a set of absolute amazement, if the recharge bonus was the most important reason for 5 slotting with Stupefy.

Thanks, will change that, this is an older build and I haven't played that set in a while, but that's a good catch, especially if Cash wanted to use it!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Hey guys! I was itching for a Dom, never made one and quite like Dark thematically.

I was looking at the build that was fully ranged, removed the dual travel power of tp and fly, removed fly stuck to tp only, then added some mule powers for extra recharge, tweaked some sets here and there to focus a bit more on ranged def more than resists and general rework using the old base.  I never liked much Soul Mastery, prefer thematically pure dark.

So tinkered with this a bit and really need your input guys

What you guys think of this build?

Its a Dark, Dark, Dark Dom hehe

DARKDARKDARKDOMLOL.mbd

---------------------------------------

From Venezuela with Love!

On 7/21/2024 at 11:39 PM, Cold Hard Cash said:

I guess I should have asked before I leveled to 50...but is Dark/dark/anything good anymore compared to all the other specs? Should I reroll before I invest?

After my alt number 50th something, honestly, if you mostly group you will steamroll content and rarely will kiss the pavement every once in a while with any weird non optimal combo.

Heck I have done tinpexes in guys with cero enhancements and done mostly ok with an occasional faceplant, stuff goes so fast these days, having like a super optimal build with the most 0.00001% of extra convenience is something for the true purists to enjoy.

I mean, technically, you could go with level 53 SOs on any radio group, taskforce, MSR, tinpex and you would do fine with all archetypes and faceplant every once in a while if you get too greedy and even then if u have a good healer around it wont even be bad.

Talking from my own experience, I know some people truly enjoy tweaking builds out of the last bit of efficiency and dps and that is great too, but if you just starting up recently, just play anything you like and in whatever non optimal combo you enjoy.

My fav char to this day is an AR/Regen sentinel that according to a lot of people was not really the " most optimal combo " and I still enjoy it cuz I like being a Lizard mutant that fires like crazy from his Assault Rifle and burn people when he can hehe.

I asked for help to make it somewhat optimal and honestly it is a beast.

Now I want to try doms here, never ever managed to get one past 20something, but I love Dark and right now on this thread asking to see if I can make one work, as for me builds are a bit weird to optimize but the good people here can give you a lot of nice starting ideas.

TLDR:  Dont worry much about it, just try to have fun, unless of course your fun comes from being super optimized, and that is valid as well!

Cheers and Hugs!

Edited by Destruye Arepas YV

From Venezuela with Love!