The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Global email throwing error and not sending

euNoir

Hi

Since this Issue 28 patch the email interface won't let me send a global email to myself. FYI, this worked just fine 2 days ago when I last did this (UK timezone). I might have even done it yesterday; can't remember. Shown below, with error. I believe the error is also grammatically incorrect; it's not like I can send an email to multiple recipients simultaneously anyway, 

image.gif

EDIT: Issue found, but it is still an unreported change and technically breaks something that was working. Previously I could just use my global handle with a space (since it has one) without telling the game it was one name, since I wasn't including another recipients global handle. Now I need to enclose the entire thing in quotes to make it work. This is now worse than it was in terms of ease of use, albeit not that much worse.

Edited by euNoir
More information on issue

4 hours ago, euNoir said:

Hi

Since this Issue 28 patch the email interface won't let me send a global email to myself. FYI, this worked just fine 2 days ago when I last did this (UK timezone). I might have even done it yesterday; can't remember. Shown below, with error. I believe the error is also grammatically incorrect; it's not like I can send an email to multiple recipients simultaneously anyway, 

EDIT: Issue found, but it is still an unreported change and technically breaks something that was working. Previously I could just use my global handle with a space (since it has one) without telling the game it was one name, since I wasn't including another recipients global handle. Now I need to enclose the entire thing in quotes to make it work. This is now worse than it was in terms of ease of use, albeit not that much worse.

Very last item in patch notes

All that states is that they removed slash commands; it does not mention the UI at all. I am using the UI designed for players to use for this function, NOT the slash commands

Remove /emailsend, /emailsendattachment, /gmailclaim, and /gmailreturn slash commands.

• These commands were intended for internal use by the UI