Tanking 4-Star Lady Grey with Only Brawl

Projector

What started as a joke turned into an absolute icon in the form of Only Brawl, my new Stone Armor/Energy Melee Tanker that only uses Brawl for combat--no autopowers, no toggles, no actives. (I do use Travel Powers...I'm not a monster.) This means that every single power and slot is a set mule to empower my endless usage of Brawl, which is 6-slotted with 2 Acc/Dams and 4 procs.

My first accomplishment with him was taking him on a Really Hard Way Magisterium before he had any incarnate powers. I dualboxed, played my ice/cold corruptor, gave Only Brawl a jetpack and put myself on follow with Brawl on auto. Somehow, despite no level shifts and autofire brawl, Only Brawl managed to get the killing blow on Chimera. If only you could have heard our voice chat in that moment...

Spoiler

image.png.86bd578d275a1a506fa4e22c3414d605.png

Since that day, I decided to step it up, finish up a few passive accolades for some bonus health, and then lead a 4-Star Lady Grey where I tanked with him. No following or dualboxing this time. I would either get this the legit way, or I wouldn't get it at all.

As I thought through the TF mechanics, I realized it would be impossible to tank well without the use of Taunt, as brawl alone is not enough to control and maintain aggro on multiple high-priority threats. I also realized I would need to use Fold Space and Combat TP for effective movement. If I'm asking my team to carry me with everything else, I needed to make sure I carried out my end of the deal to tank it effectively. So, with those necessary concessions made, I gathered some friends and we set off to conquer Omega K'ong and his merry band of Rikti fodder.

Not only did we pull it off, we did it  in under 50 minutes with only 26 deaths, no teamwipes, and Only Brawl did not die a single time (screenshot in spoiler tag)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ab0ccf08dab9545ac9de15d650ff6f24.png

As additional proof, I did record the run, but I accidentally screwed up my OBS settings and it did not capture the in-game audio, however I did clean up the Discord audio and kept it so all of you could experience the marvel that was the Only Brawl run, all the shot calls, and most of the jokes.

Later that evening, I also tanked a 4Star Aeon, however I failed to record that one (recorded the wrong game window 😭). So now Only Brawl has legitimately earned Excalibonk and the Rikti Mobile Combat Dummy.

Special thank you to StarWhispers, Chachki, Cherry, SapphireRachel, Gregg (Celestia), Cowbell, and Marsh for actually agreeing to go through with this run!

But this achievement does not actually support the argument that you can bring what you want just because I showed it can be beat just using Brawl. It actually proves the opposite, as without everyone else on the team bringing mostly "meta" builds/powerset combos, this wouldn't have been possible. I don't know that this would be possible with any less meta of a setup. It's moreso proof that all of the work the dedicated hardmode community has invested in this content has been really successful.

For anyone who would like to see it, I have attached the Mids build in this post. The V1 of this build that I use for normal content is less than 1% off of softcap for S/L and Melee Defense through set bonuses alone. Happy to provide that upon request if anyone would like to see it.
PVE - ONLY BRAWL V2.mbd

With that, enjoy the run!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Moose 1