Latest patch tripping antivirus

Minotaur

A friend reports his symantec antivirus is being tripped by the latest patch he is on Victory not homecoming, but I don't think they do much different

Category: Unresolved Security Risks

Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Path - Filename

2019-06-28 8:28:18 AM,High,victory.exe (SONAR.ProcHijack!g45) detected by SONAR,Restart Required,You must restart your computer.,c:\Users\Steven\Desktop\Steve\CoH New\victory.exe

It's a known issue with the certificate signing that'll be fixed in the future - you are totally safe

JSYK, the new homecoming.exe was flagged by my AV (AVG) as suspicious, but already passed inspection (in case others post of app closure issues)

Yes, that's going to continue to happen until I start digitally signing the .exe with a code certificate and they build enough "trust" with the AV companies. The code cert was requested a couple of weeks ago but it's still in the process of being issued, since Homecoming LLC is a new entity they are being extra demanding. I wasn't planning to patch until I had a cert, but it's been two weeks already, so unsigned .exe it is.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Nice quote  ;)

I've used it several times now...You are very quotable RussHood!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting