Improve Rad/Rad Build Please

dtaxtman86

17 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Reminder note to check it out tonight. I'll aim to get you feedback within a couple days.

Thanks. I want to make sure I am maximizing defense and being end friendly with the right sets, whilst not taking away too much recharge for my abilities. Feel like I am not looking at this quite right. Open to other power sets. Wondering about souls boost special for secondaries.

Edited by dtaxtman86

I took a quick look and I didn't spend much time but here's a few thoughts without changing powers on you save mutation...

You can safely lose mutation and the 3 slots there, most people don't die, if you take choking cloud that's another layer to your melee defense that you are using world of confused for, sure it might hold a confused mob but that only ensures you get more xp/influence. if someone  dies, there's a temporary power to resuscitate them or an inspiration. Your non set iOS slotted are SO's, replace those with +5 lvl 50 generic IOs for more effectiveness. The PvP IOs in Dominate don't really give you the greatest set bonuses, I don't think you'll have much use for 11 mag of KB protection as 8 is usually enough, rocket council is gonna do rocket council things regardless if you have 8 or 11 points. I would take most the slots from dominate and redistribute to ensure you add 2 +5 lvl 50 gladiator armors in mind over body to get you to 75% S/L and boost your psi res higher, and ensure you have 3 slots in Rad Infection (1 Achilles proc, and 2 lvl 53 Enzymes) as that added debuff is essential and further increases your survivability. Your build shows AM perma with about 8 seconds overlap, and Hasten perma with about 1.8 seconds overlap, and ranged defense over 45% without Agility (you could swap it to say musculature radial for more damage and debuff).

I guess my question would be, what is your attack chain? You have a bunch of big area attacks, though hold, confuse and disorient don't stack in a useful way. You've got some PBAoE and Kick slotted as an attack (complete with a proc) and your sniper attack. I think a more focused set of attacks that synergize well with your Rad Defender debuffs might be more effective. Maybe a decent single-target attack loaded with some procs to deal with bosses when there's no-longer a crowd of chaff for the AoEs.