Could these costume items be implemented

As this texture sits right now, it needs the ability to be 'custom colored' so it'll take a bit of effort to get it implemented.

I might be working on doing this for a few different costume pieces and I may be getting ready to post a thread up about suggesting the pieces as well as possibly presenting the files for it to be done soon in hopes that I'm not just reskinning things for client side mods....

Soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Finland 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

So I found out that the 'Hawaiian shirt' that the PPD and some NPCs wear is actually textured to use a "button down shirt" GEO that is a different GEO than what we have availible in the CC but on the bright side it is able to take custom coloring.

I'm gunna make a few efforts with it, one to use the Tshirt we have under tights, another is the tights dress shirt using the sleeve portion of the Tshirt, and then the toughest one will be using the "dress shirt" from the Jackets option and short sleeves.

The bigest thing that sucks about this is the Hawaiian shirt is 128x256 and the Tshirt and tights Dress Shirt are both 512x256 so that means the pattern will have a bit of fuzziness from scaling it up in resolution.

I'm also going to take the tie dyed NPC shirt and convert it as well, but again its 128x256 that'll have to be scaled up. I didn't see near as much distortion on it as I did with the other pattern in my initial scaling test though so thats good... granted who knows how visible all that'll be once it goes into the game engine.

I'll take some pics once one of them is done to a satisfactory level.

• Finland 1

These are the NPC shirts

Shirts2.thumb.jpg.01902b4357292959bdb76cfbfe86189d.jpg

This is what I've found to put them onto.

Shirt1.thumb.jpg.8133dda6793de0b697dea7073d5f0bdb.jpgShirt2.thumb.jpg.4dd30d643fdfa936662c4a317a2614b0.jpgShirt4.thumb.jpg.edd1ec0541d092d46a048125f1c64fc6.jpg

I think this is the best option, but it's not in the player version of the CC right now... and it clips with things horribly bad lol

Those pockets aren't part of the GEO so the Hawaiian pattern would go onto it really well.

Shirt3.thumb.jpg.701a3d12cfb04ffa893aede41b6c1b43.jpg

lol Ok, I'm done file spelunking now it's time to get down to business lol

• Finland 1

I ended up working on the tie dyed shirt first cause its a T shirt and it doesn't distort near as much as opposed to the Hawaiian shirt distorting as well as being a button down... unfortunately I fought with GIMP for over an hour cause it wasn't doing something right and the texture wouldn't update.

Tiedyetest1.thumb.jpg.cd407c6f0e99162f7ada661ba00b2b01.jpg

Still needs more work matching the end of the sleeves to the bump file and theres some weirdness on the back of the sleeve and in the armpits that need some attention.

It does take colors now, but it's not how you'd want it to lol (the first pic is in the whitest white and the second is in yellow)

Tiedyetest3.thumb.jpg.77106c40c4eb11a9a2b036315979f9c3.jpg

Edited by LKN-351
...I should probably mention...
  • Finland 1

Tie dye is done.

Theres some oddness with the back of the sleeves and the collar... but those are inhereted from the Tshirt. I tried to remedy that but I didn't have any luck, which makes sense cause the OG DEVs made it that way lol

It accepts color and you can get some interesting results but there's no way to fix that and also have the baked in tie dyed colors.

Tiedyeddone.thumb.jpg.465e21b449852f4ce21ee84532bcdcf1.jpg

When I finish messing with the Hawaiian shirt I'll put both of them up on the Citymod installer and post here.

Edited by LKN-351
  • Finland 1

The Hawaiian ended up having the issues I expected lol it distorts the baked in image as well as the BUMP cause I had to scale them both up.

Not to mention it's highly noticeable that this was made for a different GEO. The upper arms are bigger on the players so the back of them need completely recreated and the neck area is in a totally different location lol

I tried it at first with the dress shirt and I expected to run into issues due to the fact that there's no skin showing. You can't make it add skin tone in, it just adds the secondary color from the CC. In the pic, red is primary color and yellow is secondary.

Hawaiiattempt1.thumb.jpg.fe1e25c7b56ddd2a4efe0ec41ce11250.jpg

In attempt number two I used the Tshirt GEO cause there's not a lot of options with skin. I also used a different proccessing method for scaling, which came out better than the first time but still not great. It retained more detail but it's not the best.

Hawaiiattempt2.thumb.jpg.09b28136aec5b0b33bd86b08dd42135a.jpg

Here you can see how badly the collar is off lol

It can probably be fixed but it doesn't change the distortion of the patterns.

Hawaiiattempt2a.thumb.jpg.5a6d2a14db2434b16cf952c08c4058fd.jpg

...then theres this lol

I made the section on the back of the arms take color but it's still barren lol

Hawaiiattempt2b.thumb.jpg.f91137de55fe530cf576e90c8711278a.jpg

But... last night I had a thought and it seems totally doable.

You can get royalty free digital Hawaiian shirt patterns all over the internet lol so I may have to play around with adding that pattern to the 'Clubwear shirt'

Unfortunately I go back to work tomorrow so I wont be able to do much with it till next week.

• Thanks 1
  • Finland 1

I agree that'd be a perfect base if it wasn't long sleeve.

I'll mess with it some more though and see what I can come up with. If I have time today or tomorrow I'll go ahead and put the Tie Dyed shirt on the CityModder.

• Finland 1

I'm guessing you're talking about the hippie vibe NPCs that are wandering around the various zones. Some of those textures would be a pain to use since the GEOs are not even in the realm of similarities with things we have in the CC. The patterns can give ideas, but trying to give them depth and details would be outside of the scope of things I'm capable of so far if I'm picturing the same things you're thinking about.