Reach for the Limit... limits?

ShiverMeRivets

I'd have to spend some time again on the test server to get you some numbers (used to have'em though) but it's actually more like half-assed Gaussian's Chance of Build-Up.

As I remember it, you get a small proc chance with every attack that for a few seconds you'll get a moderate buff. It's auto and will balance out not too bad in long fights, but because it's uncontrollable and short in duration when it does trigger it's not something you can rely on in the least.

Since it's auto you may as well take it, but personally I find that what Martial gets in exchange for Build-Up isn't Reach for the Limit ... It's Burst of Speed. You may already have tried it out, but if you haven't done so or haven't done so extensively, it's a good-ranged teleport with 3 charges and a fast casting time per charge, which does moderate damage in a small (10ish feet? It's one of those where the details don't show properly) radius each time. Not only is this immensely versatile but it's also rather proc-friendly due to being separate activations and can be spread or focused as you need it.

@Novacat thanks.

It is too bad that we cant slot RftL with +to-hit or +damage to make it more useful. I was asking because I did not notice much of an effect from this power.

What you say about Burst of Speed is interesting. I treated it as an escape power for repositioning and entertained the idea to use it to get into a MOB group for PBAoE attacks, then spending another charge to get out - but you seem to suggest that it is a good attack power on its own. I’ll have to try it.

Yeah try it out, it actually does alright damage on its own, a lot like Leaping's "Spring Attack" or Electrical Melee's Lightning Rod (not as strong per charge though). But you can triple-tap the thing to really screw the group up quite nicely.