Thoughts on Titan Weapon?

Hyardgune

Hi all,

I started a TW/Rad brute, and I'm still pretty low level. So far the survivability has been fine, but at low levels, that's not a surprise. Stuff dies pretty fast too, at least so far. What I'm wondering about is the attack speed and keeping rage up. The wind-up on the TW animations take forever, and I seem to recall from when I last played that brutes built rage faster with lots of quick attacks.

Am I setting myself up for a world of pain at mid/high levels with a Titan set that has animations that are so long?

I have a 45 TW/Elec and I have experienced some of the issues you are talking about, but I believe they are manageable once you get the hang of it.

As for the fury-building, I did have fury issues low level, but not from the attack speed. This could partially be because I am /elec, but I would always run out of end because I was overusing my AoE and cone attacks on single mobs, which required me to stop and rest. But without the AoE attacks, my killing stalled. So I picked up Boxing on the way to tough/weave just to have an auto-power to use between attacks to build fury. You can do that or brawl, but I prefer Boxing because of the chance to stun.

As for attacks, the key to avoiding too much wind-up is properly managing your momentum with chaining your attacks. It seems attacks do not restart the momentum timer, so you need to get the hang of fitting as many attacks in as possible in your chain, then resetting to repeat. I always start with RA>>FT>>CB>>Another Attack>>FT>>RA. If it isn't dead yet, I may consider using some of the other cone attacks until it is dead. I also keep FT on auto-cast because it can only be cast with momentum, and it's super fast attack animation fits neatly between the other attacks. For when you need to attack fast right now, Build Momentum is your friend, use it every chance you get, but dont use it if you are already in momentum.

I am still getting the hang of judging whether to attack or move onto the next mob in teams. I find myself winding-up an attack on a boss at 50%hp only to have it dead by the time my hit lands. You have to be careful who you choose to attack with TW because you can blow a long wind-up and a long cooldown on something that is already dead.

The good news is that in teams, Arc>>WS>>TS usually kills all minions and liuts, so you can move forward very fast with clean up, and they are a blast to SMASH with.