Shield Defense and Super Strength questions

backwoodsmutant

So my main back in the day was a SS/SD Brute. I loved the set's tanky, yet smashy, performance. Unfortunately with the "fix" to Rage, it seems like that combination is toast. Is there another primary that has a similar feel to SS that would work well with SD?

Oh, and I also read some thread where peeps were talking about Shield Charge being considered a "pet" with a damage cap well below a Brute's normal damage cap. Is that still the case?

If you mean a smashy kind of set with a lot of feedback to the hits, Stone Melee.

Oh, and I also read some thread where peeps were talking about Shield Charge being considered a "pet" with a damage cap well below a Brute's normal damage cap. Is that still the case?

Can't say for sure, but I can make informed assumptions.  Psuedopets (like Burn patches) likely inherit the damage buffs of the player who summons them, but if they're classified as pets, then they only have a maximum damage buff of +300%.  Enhancements will account for about +100% at best, so unless Fury is providing you with more than +200% damage (I've never gotten Fury this high), you're not losing out.  You probably are, however, if something is buffing you beyond that point, like if a Kinetics user is hitting you with Fulcrum Shift.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.